Handgun Forum banner

Official Smith & Wesson Photo Thread!

5K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  typ240 
#1 ·
Post your pics of your fav S&Ws (you own) here!

#5 ·
Thank You!
The Model 29 was my 2nd handgun it originally had an 8 3/8ths inch barrel. I fired thousands of full power rounds out of it. So much so that I wore out the forcing cone. I then replaced the barrel with a four inch as it was a lot easier to carry. My 3rd handgun was the nickel plated J-frame Model 49 Bodyguard. I always wanted an all stainless Model 640 in 38 Special but could never find one until just a few years ago. So at the time I settled for the Model 49 instead.

#25 ·
Screw all the plastic!!
Stumbled onto this today. From what I can figure out this revolver is from a group of Model 3 Russians produced for the domestic commercial market. Chambered in .44 Russian, the serial number is 35896. There is a diamond with the letters SH stamped in the butt, denoting Schuyler, Hartley & Graham, the largest firearm dealer in the United States in 1860.

The seven inch barrel has the standard Smith & Wesson legend in English, not Cyrillic. The barrel does not look shortened.Overall the finish is dark, but the bore looks good, only a couple of minor marks. The front sight seems like it may be a period replacement. The lock up is excellent and the mainspring is strong. Pretty good condition for a hundred forty some year old revolver.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Automotive exterior Shotgun Gun barrel

Gas Auto part Fashion accessory Household hardware Metal

#32 ·
My N frame 28-2 Highway Patrolman with a 4 digit serial number. It was basically unfired when I got it and factory clean. It's apparently been a safe queen for the last fifty years. It locks up perfectly and shoots like a dream. The only problem was that the target grips were a bit loose and I don't believe that they were the originals. I replaced them with a set from Altamont, which fit perfectly.

Attachments