Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slide will be going off to get chromed very soon now :)

I had planned to send off my USP compact slide, but w/ the new Walther, I wanna do that one first.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Do 'em both now. You'll be happier that you have it done. Maybe you'll get a volume deal. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I can't afford both now, and all it would save me is $12 - the return shipping price. I do not think he gives volume discounts.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HK sale covers the cost of the new Walther - have to pay the credit card back - that was the only reason I sold it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well, OK, but I think you're being way to anal about all this. Load up that credit card, man, it's the American way. Stimulate the economy.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p :p

Tell that to my wife :p

Seriously - I had credit card debt out the butt for years when I was younger. Not getting into that mess again :p

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Inexperienced youngsters

Haven't ya'll figured it out yet?? It's not HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS.....it is really HE WHO DIES OWING THE MOST WINS:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I mean seriously what are the gonna do? sell your corpse to pay of what ya owe,and if they did would ya really care at that point:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Shipwreck,
I'm very experienced in credit card dept. Remember I have two almost grown daughters and a dearly beloved that has been training them all their life. If you can avoid it, I say "Good Job". Scooter may be dead on right.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only $ we owe is on the house, and 1 year left on the car - we get points on our credit card and use them to get gift cards - a $50 card every 2 months - we get to pick where. Or, you can save the points. Anyway, we charge EVERYTHING - but we pay it off 100% at the end of every month. So, we really have no credit card dept, and I wanna keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Man, if you can do that you'll be in great shape. Start saving $50 a month for kids college and don't touch it for 18 years and you'll have plenty.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Save for the kid's college? Man, do U know how much college is now - even that pre-paid program U can do - when the kid is a child - its like $50k.

We live where A&M is. Wife and I decided that we'll let our future kid live at home free as a student. Other than that - he/she is on their own :p

I paid off student loans. We're not rich. I'm more worried about retirement :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well< I have state returement. Wife gets to start a 401k this month. We may also start a Roth IRA next year.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Good way to go, especially while you've got some years left to invest. Wished I'd started one 20 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, they got my slide earlier this week. Now the hardest part is the damn waiting. I want it now. NOW! NOOOOWWWW!

I know we have an instant gratification society - and I am as guilty as the next guy for that.

Doesn't change how I feel. I want it NOW! :smt076 :smt076 :smt076 :smt076

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Incoming... 1 more day and the slide should be delivered into my hands... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it will be in my sweaty little hands by this evening - I needa go acost the UPS driver :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts