Handgun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. Just wondering what the time frame usually is for approval (or denial) of ccw permit in NH. I just (well a week or so ago) sent in my non res application. Looking to be able to use to carry in GA this summer. If not, oh well. I was just wondering how long you all have seen.
Thanks

Hey all, NH website says 14 days from receipt so to call if not recieved or denied in 3 weeks. That sound accurate? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey Bud,

I mailed in my non-resident pistol permit almost three weeks ago, so I am expecting my reply soon.

I think this is where you are looking?... http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/faq.html

EDIT: I called and checked and they said they are a bit backed up and are currently working on stuff they received around May 5th, so I figure I'll be hearing soon enough and you not too long after. They said to give them a call on Monday or Tuesday and check in again, so I'll post another update then bud.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So I called and found out that they never received my application. They are currently working on May 27th, I sent mine in on May 5th, so it definately didn't get there (or they lost it). I had put together such a nice packet of information too. Looks like I'm sending out another one...and I'm getting confirmation of delivery this time too.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marcus, What number did you use to get a live person? i only have a "leave a messaage" type number.
Thanks
Niadh

·
Registered
236 Posts
Marcus, What number did you use to get a live person? i only have a "leave a messaage" type number.
Thanks
Niadh
(603) 271-3575

90% of the time you'll get the message you are referring to, you have to catch them at the right time. I've been calling every day since Monday of last week, so I guess I just got lucky. Lemme know how you make out.

On another note, I am delivering this second application by hand on my way up to the lake. There will be no "lost in the mail" this time.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...... they cashed the check last wed. maybe it will be here by thurs noon. one can always hope.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Glad to hear it, keep me posted.

I dropped mine off yesterday directly to the woman who does these permits, and she regonized me from the phone calls and said how sorry she was I had to do it all over again, so I'm hoping she'll put me at the front of the line.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, so you're not going to believe this. I called like I do every tuesday around 10am and they have nothing in relation to my second permit. Could be they haven't processed it yet but after the first lost app thats really only a false sense of security. First time they lost it I kinda understood, but when I handed it to the woman who ran the lisencing unit and knew who I was from my calls I expected it to get there. This really is unaccetable.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Answer: Currently about 2-1/2 months.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Answer: Currently about 2-1/2 months.
Haha, thatäs a bit off from the 14 days on the app, eh.

Consider yourself fortunate, they denied mine on the grounds of I being unable to produce CCW permit from my home state.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sorta thought that was going to be your case. thats 2 down fir me and 5 to go

·
Registered
98 Posts
Haha, thatäs a bit off from the 14 days on the app, eh.

Consider yourself fortunate, they denied mine on the grounds of I being unable to produce CCW permit from my home state.
Mass is tough... gotta take that course ...I paid for it ($80)then when I saw all the paper work I said forget it !

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had mass years ago. will again. just paperwork. actually less than NY.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mass is tough... gotta take that course ...I paid for it ($80)then when I saw all the paper work I said forget it !
I took two courses, Basic Pistol and Hunter Safety, both long before I applied for the permit. I fully qualified for the Class A LTC except for the age requirement. Have FID, now just waiting to hit 21 :)

And 4 days!?!? I don't believe you ;) I waited two months just to get my denial, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts