Handgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have been considering a second handgun for carry/HD, I currently have a Berretta 96 Centurion (.40 cal.) & am dying to get a Sig P229 Enhanced Elite. I am torn though between getting another S&W .40 cal. model or biting the bullet (pardon the pun) & going with the more common 9mm. While the NY limits on magazine capacities are one thing that is leaning me towards the .40 cal. I'm not really totally concerned about what the hell Cuomo thinks my limits should be with ammo or soda size for that matter (yea, they tried to limit soda sizes too - unbelievable!). So, I am weighing out 15+1 9mm rounds vs. the 12+1 of the .40 caliber. Of course, until the SHTF, I will be a law abiding oppressed Upstate NY resident but my go bag will of course have the essentials. So, lets hear any and all suggestions, I love to glean all I can from people that are more seasoned / experienced in matters than I am in all that I do if I can. A lesson learned over many years and painful self-taught lessons. Thanks all.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to the asylum!

I too, have a 96FS Centurion. I love it. I recently bought a SIG P226 Tac-Ops and and very happy with it. Nothing wrong with the 9mm. It's proven itself plenty over the years.

I have many handguns in various calibers. I have several chambered in 9mm. Either way, another .40 or a 9mm, you simply can't go wrong with either.

Pssstttt.........get a 9mm. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Hello and welcome from the more gun friendly state of Indiana! Sorry that you poor devils in NY are getting hammered by the elitist-gun haters, but as you probably feel the way I do, they can go to hell. Anyways, I would personally stick with one caliber of hand guns across the board. I did that with 9mm, and now have quite a stash of ammo because I was not spreading my budget out like peanut butter across the caliber spectrum. JMHO.:smt1099

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fellow slave state resident here - Westchester. I am a fan of the 9mms I have - Beretta 92fs, CZ-75 SP-01, FNX-9, H&K P30. All of these are nice handguns, but I really like my CZ the best.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I really enjoy both calibers. Flip a coin. 15+1 9mm rounds vs. the 12+1 of the .40 caliber, either way you can't go wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts