Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 year army vet, not new to rifles but absolutely SUCK w pistols. Was using a glock 19 my ex lent me for competition... decided I was too independent for that and went and got my own 19 mos 2 days ago. Have LOADS to learn, will NOT be asking him anymore. I've been going through a couple hundred rounds a week just to get more proficient followed by some time w my rifles (just to end on a positive note).
Military camouflage Machine gun Air gun Trigger Marines

·
Registered
657 Posts
Water Smile Sky Muscle Sleeve

Go through some ammo, and when you get to the 1000 mark or near, start paying a lot of attention to the trigger and POI. You should be used to it by then and both of you should have smoothed out.
IF you plan to carry or use it for home defense, proof your mags. Fill them from one round to full, randomly, and make sure they operate flawlessly. It's a Glock, so no reason to suspect it won't, but you won't have to "suspect". I prefer a rifle for everything I can.
Lots of good info here and folks to answer questions, just remember it is the internet and you will get the Full Monty for answers. LOL
Have fun.

Reactions: denner

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
I would recommend you take a step back find a basic hand gun instructor and start from there. that will make sure your practice is correct practice and break any bad habits you could be starting. Bad habits are hard to break so breaking them sooner cost you less in ammo. Best of luck to you on your journey to learning. Welcome from the mountain top in North Carolina.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would recommend you take a step back find a basic hand gun instructor and start from there. that will make sure your practice is correct practice and break any bad habits you could be starting. Bad habits are hard to break so breaking them sooner cost you less in ammo. Best of luck to you on your journey to learning. Welcome from the mountain top in North Carolina.
This ….except welcome from Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts