Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compact G3. Like a G2C but improved trigger, stipling, finish, sights & other minor refinements I can't remember now. Interesting in that it's basically a striker-fired, DA/SA pistol with a manual safety, no decocker. Has 2nd restrike like the G2C. MSRP is $305.74 or $34.53 over the G2C.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Compact G3. Like a G2C but improved trigger, stipling, finish, sights & other minor refinements I can't remember now. Interesting in that it's basically a striker-fired, DA/SA pistol with a manual safety, no decocker. Has 2nd restrike like the G2C. MSRP is $305.74 or $34.53 over the G2C.
i have one. my LGS sent me an email this past summer, during the height of the pandemic sales frenzy, that they got them in. (they had only gotten in 17)

i went ASAP, had to stand in line, (normal procedure during these times) bought one. i like it. shoots as well as can be expected. a bit "snappy" but controllable. easy to field strip and clean/lube.

i have right now, 430 rds, according to my log book. would be more rds, except it is in "rotation" to go to the range with 7 other guns i own. and sometimes, it can be a few weeks, before i get back to the range.

cost was advertised at $279.99, with tax, out the door at $300.00

·
Registered
449 Posts
The G3's are suppose to be a long step in the right direction for Taurus. Let us know how it performs.

Reactions: Babbalou1956

·
Registered
726 Posts
I would carry it for EDC at this point. I usually want 200 rounds through a carry gun, but this time I went three hundred. Nary a problem. I'm a CZ guy, but I tried to look at this gun as a stand alone, not comparing it to any other self defense gun. It's reliable, certainly accurate enough, and holds plenty of ammunition. Light enough to not be a bother and recoil is manageable. If you can find one for $300.00 OTD (I couldn't) you have a winner. I say Taurus has got some winners, the G2 Series, the great TX22, and now the G3.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I would carry it for EDC at this point. I usually want 200 rounds through a carry gun, but this time I went three hundred. Nary a problem. I'm a CZ guy, but I tried to look at this gun as a stand alone, not comparing it to any other self defense gun. It's reliable, certainly accurate enough, and holds plenty of ammunition. Light enough to not be a bother and recoil is manageable. If you can find one for $300.00 OTD (I couldn't) you have a winner. I say Taurus has got some winners, the G2 Series, the great TX22, and now the G3.
Yeah, now if they get their CS under control, they can be a contender again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts