Handgun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I’d like to try one but the price I saw online was ridiculous. $668 as I recall on gunbroker.
That is ridiculous especially when you consider they have a MSRP of $499. Gunbroker now lists one for $570 which is still too much. I've never bought a gun through them. I bought all of mine at my local gun stores. If they don't have what I want they can usually get it within a day or two. Sometimes on the same day from Davidson's. At least where I live there are several gun stores well within a half hour's drive. Some are small with a limited selection others have a very wide selection that until late always had a good sized inventory. But then again I live in one of the most Conservative pro gun counties in Arizona.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ruger trying to compete with Sig 365 and Springfield Hellcat? I don't pay attention to Gun Broker prices, just wait until the market settles. Be that as it may the MSRP is lower than both SIg and Springfield. I have a Hellcat to fill that niche but if I didn't I would be looking at the Ruger.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I won’t buy on GB until the market settles down, if even then. I just did a search yesterday and there was only one listed so I’m sure somebody was trying to capitalize on the market rush, just like an ipo. Most likely I’ll deal locally anyhow because I would likely want to trade something in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Size comparison with the new S&W Shield Plus: Ruger Max 9 Height 4.52" Length 6" Width .95" S&W Shield Plus Height 4.6" Length 6.1" Width 1.1" Interesting guns & reviews are positive on both but until I can buy ammo I won't be buying more guns.

·
Registered
427 Posts
When any of them come down to the size and weight of 15 1/2 oz. like the my two Khars, I will take a look. I had two LC9"s, Nice guns, like the slim design but hated both the triggers. One was a DOA but which is great but not a good DAO. The other a trigger that was way too light. Shot it often, great shooter, but just too dangerous to carry for my preferences. I saw a EC9 Ruger for $299 the other day. A much better buy then the insane Price of $599 Ruger has set on their Website for MSRP.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is ridiculous especially when you consider they have a MSRP of $499. Gunbroker now lists one for $570 which is still too much. I've never bought a gun through them. I bought all of mine at my local gun stores. If they don't have what I want they can usually get it within a day or two. Sometimes on the same day from Davidson's. At least where I live there are several gun stores well within a half hour's drive. Some are small with a limited selection others have a very wide selection that until late always had a good sized inventory. But then again I live in one of the most Conservative pro gun counties in Arizona.
I have never seen a LGS sell a gun that I could not get a lower price from the internet. And this is before the "Riots". Why would I have them order a gun for me, that I could order myself for much less money? The last time I went to buy a gun, my LGS tried to rip me off with a price that was $50.00 over retail MSRP.. He swore to me that was not true, then I showed him the manufacturers website, he just walked away and ignored me. I have bought a few guns off GB and received fair prices.

·
Registered
427 Posts
A revamp of the LC9S. And back to the LC9S. Basically changed the grip added front serrations, a fiber optic sight and a few rounds and a ridiculous high price. I use to have a couple of the LC9S nice guns, snappy but for the price they were OK. I would have like to have seen Ruger do more. A real new design. Make it a modular, lighter weight, shorter length, and add night sights. The MSRP is insane, but I guess that goes with the time. A good buy would be around $300.00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts