Handgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just priced my favorite 380 self-defense load: $121.95 for 50 rounds of Gold Dot. 20 rounds were $61.95. I saw some no name FMJ for $27.98/50 rounds but not sure I would carry it. I saw this on ammoseek. I just lost all interest in getting another 380.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Almost purchased one to test but decided to hold off. I have NO access to ANY .380 here and will wait before I append another caliber to my family. I liked the one I tested at our club and was really surprised at the way it handled for me.
*I too lost interest at getting back into .380 again but I really love the LCPII, LCP380 and LCP Max for pocket carry. I am now looking at resources for .380 range ammo and carry ammo.(can NOT find any source for FAIR prices)
*We have LCPII22LR's for training and have had GOOD luck with both of them. The LCP fills a void for pocket carry if one chooses to do so.

Reactions: SGWGunsmith

·
Registered
73 Posts
During the warm weather months I prefer to carry my Ruger LC9s, mainly because it's chambered for the 9mm Luger round and its convenience for conceal carry.
The idea of using a smaller caliber version is a GREAT idea for training use. Low recoil and less muzzle flip will not scare the tarnation out of a 'new-to-guns-trainee' might experience with a larger caliber. (y)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Enough already...
You guys are making it real hard to NOT buy a Max!!! I have been resisting the urge to get one of these babies.
*I have the LCP380 and the LCPII22LR and LOVE them. Both have been very good to us. Dependable, cycles all ammo we put through them and good for carry.
*My wife loves hers(it has been reliable since day one/she likes having the new sites) and I may just bite the bullet and get another. I love having a pocket gun just in case and these Ruger's for us have been good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I would check the size difference in the Ruger LCP Max 380 & my 9mm carry gun. Surprised me. My SIG P290RS 9mm is .07" narrower, .22" lower but .33" longer. Biggest difference is my SIG is 9.9 ounces heavier. Also it's 6 + 1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.