Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this SIG today, and am taking it to the range in the morning. It is just the standard fare P365, and I bought an extra magazine (12 rounder), to go with the two 10 rounders that came with the pistol.

I will post a range review of it tomorrow. Sure feels good in the hand, and I like the Tritium night sights.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Very nice, looking forward to the range report!

Reactions: berettatoter

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought this SIG today, and am taking it to the range in the morning. It is just the standard fare P365, and I bought an extra magazine (12 rounder), to go with the two 10 rounders that came with the pistol.

I will post a range review of it tomorrow. Sure feels good in the hand, and I like the Tritium night sights.
I've got three of them. You'll be surprised at how well they shoot for such a small little gun. You can carry them all day and not even know that they're there. You can also get different grip modules for these guns and there's a wealth of aftermarket parts available. 15 round magazines are also available. I swapped out the stock triggers for Armory Craft and polished the flats on the slides. The first two I bought, one for each pocket.

The P365 SAS (Sig Anti Snag) I bought as an impulse buy just because it's different. I got a pretty good deal on it as someone had traded it in and according to the dealer it was sitting on the shelf for some time. I'm guessing because the sights take some getting used to. You need to use a coin in order to field strip the pistol and the slide lock is too small and difficult to manipulate. In spite of those short comings it's my favorite of the three. When I saw it I kinda' went ape shit over it. I must be outta' my mind? Maybe it's the gold Zaffiri Precision barrel that came with it? I don't know if Sig offered that barrel? I couldn't leave these guns alone either.

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Wood Gas Gun accessory Gun barrel

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! I do like it...a lot. Here are the results of my shooting this morning at the range:

This little 9mm does shoot very well. The sights are great, and the trigger is nothing to sneeze at either. I had to wrap the pinky around the bottom of the frame with the standard 10 shot magazine, and got "most" of the pinky around the 10 rounder with the extension...the 12 rounder was no problems at all.

This little gun ran 100% with everything from 115 grain ball, to 147 grain Gold Dots. I have some pistols that hang up at times with the Gold Dots, so I don't run them in them. I could tell that even with a 3.1" barrel, the gun wanted to be more accurate than I am!

The safety was positive on both sides of the gun, and I am the type that prefers a manual safety on a pistol...even though I have some that do not have this. Years ago I learned on a 1911, and I guess that sort of set the pace for me.

I did my shooting from 25 feet, and was not so worried about going fast. I wanted to see, this first time out, what kind of accuracy I could shoot the gun with. My shots were about two seconds apart. You can see from the 6" plate marked "LH", that I tended to push my hits to the right. Not too shabby for the off-hand though.

This is one solid little pistol, and now am saving for the XL version of this gun. Lord willing, in a few months I will be able to pick one of those up. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts