Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Just bought this NIB Bersa Thunder Plus today!

Going to take the ole girl to the range in the morning, and run two types of JHP through it, and a couple bullet weights of ball rounds through it...hope she runs as good as she feels in the hand.

Range report to follow!
I am intrigued but I think I need to feed and care for the puppies in the kennel for awhile before I adopt another.
Analogies aside, nice gun! Let us know how you like it.😉

·
Registered
662 Posts
Enjoy it!
*John my range buddy has one just like the photo. They do feel good in the hand. The one he has is always getting a workout. He likes it and the times I shot his I had no issues and could always get good groupings. I liked it for many reasons and his has over 2,000 rounds through it. That is one of the only Bersa's I have shot and liked it.
*Congratulations on the NIB Bersa Thunder Plus.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Solid. What made you go with that over another?
The original Bersa (all steel) Model 85 was the first auto-loader I ever bought...circa 1987, after I got out of the military. I have always had a soft spot for the Bersa ever since. In the mid 90's, I had to sell off all of my firearms for financial reasons, so my family could eat for the next month or so, and the Bersa was one of them.

Now, that Model 85 ran like a champ for me for nine years, and I always trusted it. I prefer a fatter grip on a handgun, due to large hands, and this new "Plus" model fit the bill for me in both ways. I got a Bersa again, and the fatter grip fit my hands better than even my old Model 85 did.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The original Bersa (all steel) Model 85 was the first auto-loader I ever bought...circa 1987, after I got out of the military. I have always had a soft spot for the Bersa ever since. In the mid 90's, I had to sell off all of my firearms for financial reasons, so my family could eat for the next month or so,
Now, that Model 85 ran like a champ for me for nine years, and I always trusted it. I prefer a fatter grip on a handgun, due to large hands, and this new "Plus" model fit the bill for me in both ways. I got a Bersa again, and the fatter grip fit my hands better than even my old Model 85 did.
You are a good man family comes first

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it's anything like mine, you'll love it. Mine eats everything including my handloads, even SWC Lee cast bullets. 15 shots as fast as I can pull the trigger.
It really is a wonderful gun. Man, especially in .380 Auto, I can rip off 15 rounds quickly, and pretty accurately too. It feels so much better in my large hands, versus the standard Thunder 380 does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts