Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Shipwreck

· Registered
5,415 Posts
Well there's one really big problem with this. Sig Sauer is the manufacturer of this weapon system. Never, I mean NEVER should any of our military services make use of weapons made in any foreign nation. Yes I know it has happened often over the past half a century, but it is not only stupid, it could be downright suicide. Suppose we suddenly find ourselves immersed in a conflict with a country that supplies our main battel rifle? Not a good thing. Not to mention that fact that it is always best to keep our money at home and not be sending it to some foreign entity.

· Administrator
14,301 Posts
Well there's one really big problem with this. Sig Sauer is the manufacturer of this weapon system. Never, I mean NEVER should any of our military services make use of weapons made in any foreign nation. Yes I know it has happened often over the past half a century, but it is not only stupid, it could be downright suicide. Suppose we suddenly find ourselves immersed in a conflict with a country that supplies our main battel rifle? Not a good thing. Not to mention that fact that it is always best to keep our money at home and not be sending it to some foreign entity.
I believe that most of the weapons Sig sells are made in the USA now. I don't think much, if anything, gets imported any longer.

Do you know if this rifle is made overseas?

· Registered
5,415 Posts
I believe that most of the weapons Sig sells are made in the USA now. I don't think much, if anything, gets imported any longer.

Do you know if this rifle is made overseas?
Their American home base is in New Hampshire but they are still a German corporation. An no, I do not know where this rifle is produced.

My real concern is in dire times, I want all of our manufacturing of war materiel to be made right here at home. In peace times, I don't even like selling energy (oil, natural gas, ext.) to foreign nations. I want all of that to stay right here in the U.S. for our use. I also do not like the idea of selling U.S. and and businesses to foreign interests, either but I am torn about the selling of businesses because those are private entities.

· Administrator
14,301 Posts
Their American home base is in New Hampshire but they are still a German corporation. An no, I do not know where this rifle is produced.

My real concern is in dire times, I want all of our manufacturing of war materiel to be made right here at home. In peace times, I don't even like selling energy (oil, natural gas, ext.) to foreign nations. I want all of that to stay right here in the U.S. for our use. I also do not like the idea of selling U.S. and and businesses to foreign interests, either but I am torn about the selling of businesses because those are private entities.
Well, I'd swear I read something a while back that said all US sold Sigs weapons are being made here in the USA now.

Beretta is an Italian company, yet we used their pistols for decades (they built a plant here). FN supplied SCARs in limited numbers for a while - They are not a USA company. Sig pistols have been used by special forces in the past.

If the weapons are made here, it doesn't matter to me.

· Registered
5,415 Posts
Well, I'd swear I read something a while back that said all US sold Sigs weapons are being made here in the USA now.
Yes I believe that is correct. But I also think that at this time, their home is still in Germany.

Beretta is an Italian company, yet we used their pistols for decades (they built a plant here). FN supplied SCARs in limited numbers for a while - They are not a USA company. Sig pistols have been used by special forces in the past.
Also true. It's just that I have a problem using foreign arms manufacturers to supply American military.

· Registered
16 Posts

FN has a plant in South Carolina.

· Administrator
14,301 Posts
FN has a plant in South Carolina.
True, but the SCAR 16s and 17s used to be imported from Europe. I read a story about how they built them 1 way to meet importation rules. Then, parts were stripped off and replaced to make the versions that they sold here. Crazy ATF rules.

They don't even sell the SCAR 16 anymore. And, I have not kept up to see if they now make them in the USA (other versions of the SCAR).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts