Handgun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so be gentle. I'm an amputee with interests in tools and techniques that benefit one armed handgunners. I also manufacture a tool specifically for loading magazines with one hand. Recently got my P320c Rx and went to the small grip. I am spoiled.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
One of my older BIL's is a one-armed shooter. In his prime, he could shoot .44 Magnum, various deer rifles, and Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun better than almost anyone he came up against.

He lost his left arm in his early teens, yet played center on his high school varsity football team and was a top notch local racquet ball player in his twenties. Obviously, he was unbelievably strong in his one arm and shoulder. He is in his mid-70's now, and has had a little trouble (probably from overuse) in his elbow and shoulder, but he is still a very decent handgun shooter, and has switched to a Benelli 20 gauge for bird hunting.

I would be interested to see a picture of your one handed mag loader.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm new here so be gentle. I'm an amputee with interests in tools and techniques that benefit one armed handgunners. I also manufacture a tool specifically for loading magazines with one hand. Recently got my P320c Rx and went to the small grip. I am spoiled.
Hello and welcome to the forum! :smt1099

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my older BIL's is a one-armed shooter. In his prime, he could shoot .44 Magnum, various deer rifles, and Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun better than almost anyone he came up against.

He lost his left arm in his early teens, yet played center on his high school varsity football team and was a top notch local racquet ball player in his twenties. Obviously, he was unbelievably strong in his one arm and shoulder. He is in his mid-70's now, and has had a little trouble (probably from overuse) in his elbow and shoulder, but he is still a very decent handgun shooter, and has switched to a Benelli 20 gauge for bird hunting.

I would be interested to see a picture of your one handed mag loader.
I lost my right arm to cancer at 17 so definitely share some history with your friend seeing as I'm 60 now. Heart problems slow me down now when losing that arm couldn't.
I still have to work at overcoming right eye dominant issues though.
I do have a simple website so folks can take advantage the tool I developed.
Say hello to your friend and tell him he wasn't alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts