Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha!
I'm 20-years-old, born, raised, and living in Hawaii.
I've been looking forward to owning my very own firearm for a long time, and I've been a firearms enthusiast for a little bit longer.
-
My 21st birthday is coming up in August and I've already made a decision in picking up a 1911 .45 ACP Handgun (after I get my firearms license and all that of course). But I wasn't sure from what manufacturer I should make the selection from.
Obviously they all have their ups and downs, pros and cons. I was looking for that answer when I stumbled upon this website, and it didn't take long for me to join your ranks.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Welcome to the site. You can learn a lot here, if you ask for opinions you will get many of them also. That is my favorite part of the forum, the variety and the civility that it is presented as.Good luck with your choice and have a great birthday in August.

RCG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome

...we have to know your budget before we can assault you with our various biases.

AFS
As of right now, I really don't care about prices.
I'm just looking for something that is reliable, but at the same time is a good starter for a beginner like me.
A co-worker, who's been in the hobby of collecting and shooting for quite some time, recommended Springfield.
My uncle, who's a Police Officer here, recommended Smith & Wesson.
I'm open to suggestions though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.