Handgun Forum banner

New All Metal M&P Pistol

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Shipwreck 
#1 ·
If you are on multiple forums, you may have already seen pics of the new, all metal M&P coming out. This looks rather interesting...

If they come out with a Performance Center version with fiber optic sights, I can see myself buying one...

What are your thoughts?

#6 ·
I bought a Sig P320 AXG Scorpion the all aluminum framed version and liked it so much that I bought those same grip modules for my other P320's. It brings these guns up to a new level. Of course I did some other work to these guns as well.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Before

Air gun Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

After

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

My first P320 AXG. I polished the flats on the slide, changed the trigger and added a flared mag well.

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Before

Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Wood Gun accessory

After. I can use the V Tac top end on any one of these guns.

#9 ·
I feel that the combination of steel slides and aluminum grip frames are just fine...as long as it is engineered properly. Look at the Beretta 92 series of pistols. You cannot deny that these pistols have stood the test of time, and done it well.

Yes, aluminum is not as "tough" as steel, but again, if the gun is put together/designed properly, the aluminum can be very strong and long lasting. JMHO.

#10 ·
Ok, I'll respond back to my Smith CS 45. Steel slide. Aluminum frame. Where the slide rubbed against the interior of the aluminum, the aluminum curled the edges near where he barrel moved on the frame side. Never a problem, until the return spring blew-off the front of the steel slide and that broke piece flew down the range fifty feet. But Smith honors their lifetime warranty. To be fair, I cannot comment on the Beretta 92 series personally. Thanks.

#13 ·
I just went to my local gun shop today, and they had one of these...

I was so, so tempted to ask to check it out. It is interesting. I do wish it had fiber optic sights, though...

But, I didn't want to be tempted to "want it." I have got a $5k+ medical bill coming in the next month, so I cannot justify the $ right now. Plus, between my 4" Performance Center Shield Plus and my Combat Master, I am not going to find a gun that shoots better than either of those guns. So, just as well....

But I STILL kinda want it ;)

#20 ·
I've got a $5k medical bill to pay next month, so I can't get it now. But, this metal M&P will likely be mine one day :)

For some reason, it stands out to me.

With my neck and shoulder issues, I can't have very heavy guns. I don't want anything heavier than a Beretta 92. I have looked at the CZ Shadows, the steel framed Beretta and all the other steel framed guns. They are nice, But, I no longer want something that heavy (about 15 years ago I had a pistol that was over 50oz in weight - it was sweet at the time). I have issues if I hold something out at arms length that is too heavy, for too long...

That's why I went with a Taran Tactical Combat Master (it shoots just as well and is lighter). Before covid, I compared many of these guns at a gun shop in San Antonio. Because of weight, my favorite was a custom Zev Glock 34. But, Zev has some mixed reviews. And, I had been chasing after those Combat Masters for a while. So, that's what I went with.

I like this M&P because it is aluminum. It still weighs less than a Beretta

#22 · (Edited)
Well, I went to check out that metal M&P this morning. I was considering buying it (and figuring out how to pay for it later :) )

Didn't like it. The texturing on the black part is too aggressive for me. And no, I'm not really interested in sanding it down. I've down that on a few guns in the past. The trigger was also heavier than I would have liked.

I have two Performance Center Shield Pluses, and their triggers are less than 3.5pounds. I guess I am spoiled by that.

I also looked at a BUL 1911, a Walther PDP and a Glock 34 sized Shadow Systems gun with a comp on it. None of them did it for me.

It seems all I like right now are the two Performance Center Shield Pluses I have, and my TTI Combat Master. I can't wait for my 2nd Glock 19 Combat Master to arrive sometimes around Feb or so. The texturing and trigger they do are just perfect.

Anyway, disappointed, because I thought I'd be coming home with a new gun... But, oh well. I thought it looked very sweet, but not for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.