Handgun Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
4,177 Posts
This deal with the FBI agent break dancing wth the Glock accidental discharge is hard to believe. As an old GF would say, "Your story is touching but it sounds suspiciously like a lie."
There's video.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
That video speaks for itself. That was no faulty gun. Guy grabbed the gun pulling the trigger. Gun going off when dropped is seriously contradicted by the video.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
This deal with the FBI agent break dancing wth the Glock accidental discharge is hard to believe. As an old GF would say, "Your story is touching but it sounds suspiciously like a lie."
I have no idea if the FBI guy was sporting a Glock or any other brand. It was just the last I remember someone recovering a pistol on video and making a bad scenario exponentially worse.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So I suppose the take away from the video of FBI guy's ND would be use a positive retention holster, don't act a fool and never pick up a pistol by the trigger. (Alcohol may have been involved). :rolleyes:
I've only ever witnessed one ND. A shooting buddy was preparing to shoot his single action revolver from a bench rest and somehow pulled the trigger before he was on target. The shot went harmlessly into the berm. He looked at me and said... "I wasn't ready yet". Lol

Sam

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have no idea if the FBI guy was sporting a Glock or any other brand. It was just the last I remember someone recovering a pistol on video and making a bad scenario exponentially worse.
I recall the handgun was widely reported to be a Glock. The FBI handgun at the time was a G22 or G23.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts

There's multiple other instances of issues.

Maybe Zev needs to review how the safety is supposed to work.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I would think so.

I guess the problem is not with the Glock pistol at all or it's safety system? Those situations are kinda' like putting a supercharger on an engine that's not designed for it. Then the engine blows up and the owner blames the vehicle's manufacturer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm starting this thread to discuss negligent discharges. Mainly the causes and how to prevent them. Have you ever had or seen one that was easily preventable? I've had one with a heavily modified 1911. The trigger was so light that I swear you could have fired the gun with a good shake. That being said, my finger was on the trigger when it should not have been so it's on me.
Good thing you had a 1911. If the triggers too light in single action your local gun smith can remedy the problem. In the mean time I'd NOT shoot it until the situation is remedied.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts