Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a beretta 96a1 .40cal, love it. recently i got a dud round and blew my barrel. i know rookie mistake, but it happened. After going back and forth between emails with beretta customer service and Brownells (the company they contract all their replacement parts through), i finally tracked down a new .40 call barrel for a whopping $400. the new gun in the box was only $650, so i really don't want to almost rebuy the gun for just a barrel.

Solution:
After a little brainstorming i came up with the bright idea of buying a 92fs barrel, which is 9mm, and some new mags. i figure since the 96a1 and the 92fs are so similar and use so many of the same parts i hope i can just slide in the new barrel and mag and be on my way with a frankenstien 96a1 9mm.

Before i go buying a bunch of parts for a gun a don't have, i was wondering/hoping that someone has had experience or more knowledge in this matter than I. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Heck, Cheaper than Dirt was selling the slides (complete) for that conversion for a SONG. I want to say they were $299, but don't quote me. This was a while back, but I know they are sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.