Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
No matter how good we all think our lives are, there is always a time where we get down and sometimes think about turning to drugs and alcohol and of course that is a bad choice. I was just wondering what you guys all like to do to get a natural high and then feel better about yourselves. I'll make a list of mine and then you guys continue the list with your own.

1.) Seeing your first new born son look into your eyes for the first time.

2.) Beating your own record at running a mile or for most weight bench pressed.

3.) Eating way too much at a BBQ.

4.) Jumping into a pool or getting in a water fight on a real hot day.

5.) Finally managing to make it up that hill you never could before on your dirtbike.

6.) Taking your family car to a controled drag racing track and racing it against another family car.

7.) Beating a video game that you naver could before.

8.) Getting a perfect trap shooting score.

9.) Having a younger sibling that idolizes you and tells all his/her friends about how cool you are.

10.) Getting wrongfully accused for something in school and having friends and classmates back you up and not get in trouble.

11.) Finally managing to figure out how to release the bolt lock on a Ruger 10/22. (LOL ok maybe that's just me)

12.) Finally unlocking the handcannon (even though it sucks) after playing countless hours on the mercenaries missions on RE4.

13.) Going to a mall with your girlfriend and actually not having her run into her friends and talk for 3 hours straight about nothing.

14.) Seeing an old episode of an old show you used to watch as a little kid come on TV again.

15.) Knowing that no matter how bad your day has been that you always know you have friends and online friends to make you feel better.

Sorry, guys that's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Couple of experiences lately:

!. A teen-age boy at my church came up to me one Sunday evening and said, "Mr. Wright, you're always the same. You're just YOU."

2. I had some repair work done when I could not be there to pay. I called to see what kind of arrangements I needed to make. The man told me, "Mr. Wright, your word is good enough for me."

3. My daughter had some major surgery. She later told me that as she was waking up in recovery "I saw a man in a cowboy hat, I knew everything was going to be O.K."

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Get "down?"

I had this experience many years ago.

I was down on my finances, had spent more than I made. I had gone to one of my creditors, and he really raked me over the coals. Didn't call me a low-life, or anything like that, but he might as well have.

I left his office feeling about as low as I ever have. I went out and got into my car, but before I could start it, I caught sight of a young man walking across the parking lot. The man walked very haltingly, one foot was a club foot. The fingers of his right hand were curled back like a claw. One front tooth was chipped, maybe from a fall. The expression on his face let me know it took all of his contration just to walk.

The thought immediately came into my mind, "You sorry so-and-so, sitting here feeling sorry for yourself. You, who can walk across the room or pick up a cup of coffee without concientious effort. God has blessed you with a good body and good health. Get out of this and straighten yourself up!"

I never saw that young man again, and never even knew whether he even existed or not. Could he have been an angel? I'll never know this side of Eterenity. But, whenever things go wrong, I think of that.

I am most blessed among men. Good family, good friends, good guns, and Heaven after.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
65 Posts
1. Reading a story to my 2year old and 1year old at the same time. (when they are both trying to turn the pages)

2. Plinking a few rounds of any type.

3. Helping my father, doesn't matter what we are doing.

4. Taking my boys fishing (well they wade and play in the mud mostly)

5. Reading Bob Wrights Post on this forum (Bob is like the Moses of wisdom on this forum)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts