Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAT-GLOCK!

I under-cut the the trigger, rounded off the trigger-guard and took off factory texture (and sort of accidentally reshaped the grip, but I like it). What do you think?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Laser Eyes!!!

Lots of sanding and fine tip on the ole soldering iron for the outer stipple and the medium tip for the Bat

·
Supporting Member
5,658 Posts
There's a lot of melting of the polymer frame.
Be careful not to compromise the integrity of the frame.
Not sure , but me thinks when you raise the grip texture, the material has to be coming from someplace, which may create thin spots. Are you adding polymer material ?

·
Super Moderator
5,326 Posts
Not my cup-o-tea, but well-executed, methinks.

I agree, get the slide cover plate to match.

Or maybe one with "BW" or "Bruce Wayne" etched on it...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a lot of melting of the polymer frame.
Be careful not to compromise the integrity of the frame.
Not sure , but me thinks when you raise the grip texture, the material has to be coming from someplace, which may create thin spots. Are you adding polymer material ?
you really don't go that deep to get the texture you want. you barely go half as deep as it looks. The first thing I practiced on was a Magpul MOE grip and I went way to deep it looked bad and would not have been structurally good for a pistol however magpul grips are quite thick so I think that thing is just fine although ugly.

the biggest concern I have with what I have done would be the under cut of the trigger (which feels awesome). that is were any material is really taken out. I tried to stay a little thicker than the most extreme undercut jobs I could find from people that have a reputation for doing good work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It is different. But, in my not so humble opinion, it is very well done. You do indeed have some artistic skills.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay, Holly did the resurrection, not I, lol!

But I too have to admit that is pretty neat. Not sure if I would do that on my gun or not, but that's still cool. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was either that or and EGA. We went nerd not motto.

Now I need another G19 to put and Eagle, Globe, & Anchor on. :smt1099

·
Registered
54 Posts
It was either that or and EGA. We went nerd not motto.

Now I need another G19 to put and Eagle, Globe, & Anchor on. :smt1099
I have a former Navy friend who is an absolute Transformer's nut... Should see if I can gift him something like that with a Transformer or Decepticon emblem on it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts