Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Remington 870 Special Purpose Magnum a while back.
This example came with a Remington rifled cantilever scope mount barrel, Boyds furniture and a scope that was demoted to my 10/22. I can find no evidence that it was ever fired.
I had a 3x9 Leupold on the shelf so I gave it a home.
I will pick up some sabot rounds and warm up my shoulder later this week.
Not sure what the MSRP on the gun was, but the Boyds furniture is $200.
I paid a whopping $300 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a couple of boxes of Winchester copper sabot slugs and was pretty pleased with the accuracy.
This is three shots off sand bags @50 yards. At $3.70 per shot I will probably save the other seven rounds for a deer.
BTW, I mounted the 3x9 Leupold and eye balled the bore sight without adjusting. Sometimes a guy gets lucky.

Attachments

Reactions: Shipwreck

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good deal. I have a similar setup myself but the stock is stock. It's my favorite
deer gun. Mine is old, not sure how old as I got it on a trade the guy used to even out
the deal. I originally planned on selling it as I had 2 other 870's but that idea wad dismissed
when I tried it out with some Federal Barnes sabot rounds. Scoped with an ancient
Tasco 4 power it's a deadly woods gun.
Dano
Here she is. Rough but she's a keeper. Pics of her, a target and the reasoning behind
the 33 yard distance. It's held true if I due my part.
View attachment 22067
View attachment 22068
View attachment 22069
My friend and I had nearly the same setup including the 4x Tasco scopes. Most of our hunting was in shotgun only country and the trusty 870 did not disappoint. I knocked a big eight point down in his tracks with mine from 125 yards and je never moved.
I see the point of 33 yards.

Reactions: Bookemdano
1 - 3 of 3 Posts