Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated FN - FiveseveN Photos.....

I spent a little time with my camera last night.....

Comparision between CorBon DPX 140 gr .40 S&W and FN SS195 28 gr 5.7x28mm Round

When I get a little more free time I give you guys a range report.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ammo is starting to become more available........ I was at Gander Mountain yesterday and they are starting to carry some of the ammo....SS196 & SS197....... cost $20-$25 per 50 rounds.

I paid $25 a box for the SS195 HP @ 28gr for my local gun shop.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hey Blackice,
When i was looking at a FivesevN at the local gunstore the other day the grip "checkering" felt rather sharp. I liked the shape and all but the sharpness on this particular gun was kinda' intense. How does yours feel?
Charlie

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The checkering is kind of harsh..... But I am a HK guy so I am use to it...
I have a hogue grip I coud put on it...... but it might make it a little big from my hand...... I am actually taking it to the range today.... I'll let you know what the feels is like.....

·
Super Moderator
12,402 Posts
Yes, the USP checkering gets harsh after a few rounds. But, U get used to it. Also had a TRP months back that was like a cheese grater - after 1 or 2 trips to the range, your hand toughens up and U don't feel it anymore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shipwreck said:
Yes, the USP checkering gets harsh after a few rounds. But, U get used to it. Also had a TRP months back that was like a cheese grater - after 1 or 2 trips to the range, your hand toughens up and U don't feel it anymore.
I had a buddy that had a stainless TRP . The checkering hurt his hand.He sent it back to springfield and, they dulled it somehow. If yours is still giving you problems may wanna check on it.

Oh yeah. Nice pistol Blackice. I stared at one pretty hard one day but, the price tag ran me off. Let us know how she shoots.

·
Super Moderator
12,402 Posts
riot earp said:
I had a buddy that had a stainless TRP . The checkering hurt his hand.He sent it back to springfield and, they dulled it somehow. If yours is still giving you problems may wanna check on it.

Oh yeah. Nice pistol Blackice. I stared at one pretty hard one day but, the price tag ran me off. Let us know how she shoots.
I don't have the TRP anymore. But when I did have it, I actually liked the checkering. It was very rough in the beginning, but between trip to the range #1 and #2, I had done a lot of dry firing and handled the gun quite a bit. By trip #2, it didn't bother me, and I liked the checkering.

So, my original point was that U will get used to it :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
man i just dont know.i really like this gun but the muzzel end looks like a rimfire .22 for cryin out load.800 bucks,i dont think so.maby 500.800 and im almost in an H&K P7 or a Desert Eagle. :p :shock:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well.... when you have some money to burn........ Just buy anything!!!!!..... or things that have a kool factor!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts