Handgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? I parked my truck too close to her car. In front of my own house. She & 3 other Karens were partying all day across the street. I never met the woman who lives there. Everyone here parks on the street in front of their houses. Always have. Her friend left me a tiny space to squeeze in so I parked there in front of my own house. 11:30 PM the door bell rings & 4 shrieking Karens said I crashed into her car (false) & they're calling the police. The neighbor Karen said I was drinking (false) & that I took a swing at her (false). Cop arrives, told her she can't park backward & said I didn't touch her car so go home. They all stopped screaming & went home. I kept my cool & calmly spoke to the cop & he was probably wondering what the heck started all that. Maybe that's how Karens bond. Maybe they were on drugs. Weird stuff but I will keep my distance from the one living across the street. I could have gotten provoked into a situation that got me cuffed & hauled away but I kept my cool & thought "Don't get mad & lose your rights." I haven't been confronted by a raging psycho in about 5-6 years.

Reactions: armoredman

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My neighbor to the west called the city inspector because my fence was not finish side out. I fixed that and inquired how close that neighbor's outbuilding should be to my fence. They had to move their building four feet.
My neighbor to the east complained to the police about my Jeep that was legally parked on the street in front of my house. Her guest at her next party got her car towed for parking across my driveway entrance.
My bride's name is Karen. She let's me call her K.
Some neighbors suck and should keep to themselves like I do.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Some neighbors suck and should keep to themselves..........
Oh man....couldn't agree more.
I have been here since 76, and now in my 2nd house. I was the 2nd person to move into this 'hood' as it was developing. And, have been here years longer than anyone else. Man has the atmosphere devolved over the years. If I could hit the lottery- I'd move in a heartbeat. But as old Franky used to sing- "That's Life"........:unsure:

·
Registered
834 Posts
I don't have Neighbors. No HOA's, or next door people looking for something to complain about. I shoot and Hunt on my own property. My Wife and I both lived in Apartment's, Housing "Communities", and I very briefly in an HOA. Forget it!

Reactions: Babbalou1956

·
Registered
118 Posts
Be as nice and civil to her as you can ...
Keep your distance .
Keep a record of everytime the cops are called ... you might need that in case she sues you for whatever .
Take photo's of anything that looks out of place ... people coming and going at all hours ...
In a court of law photo's are evidence you can't refute .
And again be as nice as you can to her ... sometimes just being nice will earn you brownie points with that type .
My Mom used to say " Kill them with kindness" ...it's hard to do but nice beats nasty ...it might work.
Gary

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ya done good. Treating people the way they treat you is frowned upon.
I would probably be in jail. Why is it they get to act that way and nothing happens, but tell one of them to do some deep knee bends over a fire hydrant and everyone loses their mind?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Babbalou1956, you might want to consider installing some video cameras like Ring to document any further interactions or retaliatory efforts from your neighbor or from her friends....
I got one by Eufy which is like Ring but no monthly fees. Unfortunately it erases at midnight & starts over & that's when everyone got out of my front yard & went home. But I do check it every day even if I don't hear an alert.

Reactions: CodeSection

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got one by Eufy which is like Ring but no monthly fees. Unfortunately it erases at midnight & starts over & that's when everyone got out of my front yard & went home. But I do check it every day even if I don't hear an alert.
Glad you have a camera, but that stinks about not really saving the videos for any period of time. I'm sure you have looked into the storage, but Eufy says even their 16GB microSD card will hold 2 months of video. Plus, there are two other methods of storage.....https://support.eufylife.com/s/article/Three-Storage-Methods-for-Original-eufyCam-and-eufyCam-E

1 - 11 of 11 Posts