·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome, and nice collection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank all! I try to post pics of a new G17, but if you like range reports....

Went to the range last weekend, you might have seen this on HKPro, to try out 2 brand new pistols. Weather was 82 deg, and 100% humidity and slight rain at the start. Really miserable and I'd rather shoot when it's 100 deg and dry.
Here are the guns, pics taken with cell phone and this pic is after the shooting.

Both guns were purchased new this week, the USPc 9 from CDNN and the .45 CT from Ordance Outsellers. The LEM would not have been my first choice, but it was a great deal from Jerry, with three mags. Well below market for sure, and Jerry did everything to make sure I was happy. I've heard alot of great things about the USPc in .45, but I had NO idea!

Total rounds through pistols:

CT .45 - 150rds UCM 230 gr Ball. I had two instances were the slide didn't lock back after the last round. Not failures by the gun, but me riding the slide release.

9mm SS - 275 rounds total. 150 115 gr UMC and 100 Federal 124 gr ball.
Also put 15 rds Federal Hydra-shok and 10 rounds of Winchester Ranger SXT 124 gr +P. No malfunctions at all.

All shooting done from 25'.

1st 5 rounds shot from 45CT from a rest.

1st 5 rounds from 9MM from a rest

continued....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As you can see both pistols are extremely accurate but the 9mm edged out the 45CT. Maybe due to the SA trigger.

2nd 5 rds shot from 45 CT - off hand - slow fire

This is where the 45CT shined for me. I found it extremely easy to shot with the LEM. Ignore the flyer on the bottom that was someone else giving it a shot after I shot my string. I then put 10 more on the same target, only faster, off hand.

2nd 5 rds shot from 9mm - off hand - slow fire

This group wasn't nearly as good as with the 45CT, but still acceptable, but nothing to write home about. :) After the first three I adjusted my sight.

Next up, 10 strings of 5 rounds each. Each string was shot within 3 seconds, at a silhoutte for "combat" accuracy. All 10 strings were shot from one pistol, then I shot 10-5 round strings from the other. The 45CT was first.

45CT

Yes that's 50 rds, shot in 10-5 round strings, as fast as I could pull the trigger and get back on target with the sights. There are 10rds outside the 4" circle. All shots a in the 5 area and there are 40 shots in that 4" circle.

9mm

Good overall group, but to be honest I was fading. I was sweating and my hands were wet so I didn't do as good as expected. I know I was shooting faster with the SA also, but excuses aside I was pulling them low and to the left.

Overall I'm very happy with both purchases, but estatic with the .45CT. I won't be converting it to da/sa any time soon. I can't say enough good things about this particular weapon. Easy to shoot, quick and accurate. I've had experience with my P2000 in LEM, but out of the box, this thing is smoother, lighter and easier to shot in LEM. I am very surprised.
I love the 9 too. It's very easy to shot, but I'm not as accurate right now with it as I'd like to be,. But I'd be confident enough to CCW it right away.

And to the guys who have always held the USPc 45 in high regard, well I FINALLY know EXACTLY why your praise was so high!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts