Registered
626 Posts
Very nice. Good choice of blades also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vom Kriege said:
One would almost get the impression that you like cocked-and-locked and .45ACP.
I do like cocked and locked, and I like .45ACP, however the HK is a .40. The grips on the .45 HK's are a BIT large for my hands. I have been debating getting a USPf or Tactical in .45, bnut I'm not sure it will be comfortable... I am EAGERLY awaiting the debute of the new HK45 with changeable backstraps so I do have a cocked and locked HK in .45ACP. 8)

Shipwreck: USPc's ROCK!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've never owned an H&K pistol, but they are good stuff. The DA pulls on everyone that I have tried has been horrid, but the SA pulls have all been good.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Vom Kriege said:
I've never owned an H&K pistol, but they are good stuff. The DA pulls on everyone that I have tried has been horrid, but the SA pulls have all been good.
Yes, the DA pull is heavy. But, I think it's the same on Berettas, Rugers, and most traditional DA/SA guns. That's the downside of that design, unfortunately. I have ALWAYS shot in SA mode at the range. Even when I had a few Berettas, I never used the DA trigger when shooting.

But, that's the beauty of the frame mounted safeties. And, while some of those safties are kinda slim and hard to click quickly, the HKs are about the size of a 1911.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I carry a S&W 4006 on duty. I own another 4005 a 4013, and a 5906TSW. I also own a Ruger KP95DC, and I have had the chance to shoot many other TDA guns, and I have yet to find a DA trigger on a USP that was acceptable, but I don't know if anything can be done for them.

They are very nice firearms. I'm not knocking them at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I believe there are some places that U can send them for trigger jobs.

But w/ the price of the work AND the shipping costs, it costs too much for me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts