Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A boyfriend fatally shot his girlfriend in the chest while pulling the gun from his waistband, Texas police said.

The 23-year-old woman was shot in her Houston apartment at about midnight Tuesday, according to a news release from the Houston Police Department.

Her 22-year-old boyfriend told police he was removing a pistol from his waistband when he accidentally discharged the gun, police said. She was then shot in the chest, and the boyfriend called out for help.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article254062003.html#storylink=cpy

Police article here: Investigation into Shooting at 6510 Goforth Street

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow......people need to be required to train before they are cleared to have a gun.
In my state there are no requirements except age-you must be 18. No safety course necessary.
I wish somehow they could come up with a stupidity test that could weed out idiots.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Something fishy here, regardless, a major lack and disregard for proper gun handling, if it was his own negligence.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Something fishy here, regardless, a major lack and disregard for proper gun handling, if it was his own negligence.
Yeah, I'll say. Who in their right mind would pull a gun from their waistband and point it at someone or something that they didn't want to destroy? The only way that a gun will go off is if someone has their finger in the trigger guard and pulls the trigger. Usually when you draw a weapon from a belt holster or waistband initially the gun would be pointing down. If the individual had his finger on the trigger while drawing he could have accidentally shot his balls off.

In this case he must have raised the gun up far enough while simultaneously pointing it at his supposed girlfriend in order to shoot her in the chest? I don't know, at least to me this was no accident. The supposed boyfriend calling out for help and administering first aid may have been done to make it seem like an accident. Unless of course the girlfriend was on her knees giving him a Lewinsky while he simultaneously drew his weapon as it may have gotten in the way.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
If you separate the moves required to safely unholster and make a firearm safe from negligent discharge it certainly would not include aiming center mass on a person whilst clearing the gun.
Seems like the young dumbass may have tried to be funny thinking his weapon was empty and was mistaken. In any case the jackass should not walk away with the right to carry ever again.
If she were my sister the SOB better go far away from me.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Very curious on this one for what really happened. We have been seeing the local news lately with too many examples of why there are some who should not be around firearms. Too many young kids and adults with NO training or skills to be safe.
*This idiot has more to tell here just saying.
*Too bad for the young lady no matter what happened.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A boyfriend fatally shot his girlfriend in the chest while pulling the gun from his waistband, Texas police said.

The 23-year-old woman was shot in her Houston apartment at about midnight Tuesday, according to a news release from the Houston Police Department.

Her 22-year-old boyfriend told police he was removing a pistol from his waistband when he accidentally discharged the gun, police said. She was then shot in the chest, and the boyfriend called out for help.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article254062003.html#storylink=cpy

Police article here: Investigation into Shooting at 6510 Goforth Street
The detectives will of course be interested in the relationship with the girlfriend. If it was really an accident it's a cautionary tail about lack of training. There is a reason shooting ranges don't allow drawing from the holster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts