Handgun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man opens fire in grocery chain warehouse
One person killed; shooter also found dead

DENVER - A gunman opened fire Sunday afternoon at a Safeway Inc. distribution center, killing one person and injuring five others, including a police officer, before the shooter was killed.

Several fires were burning inside the estimated 1.3 million-square-foot building near Interstate 70, said Denver Fire Chief Larry Trujillo.

Safeway worker Jesus Lopez told KMGH-TV he was about 20 feet away from the gunman. "He was just shooting and lighting fires. He wanted to turn the building on fire," Lopez said. "I just ran. Everybody just ran out."
About 60 people who evacuated the building were waiting in two buses to hear whether they could re-enter the building, Regional Transportation District spokesman Scott Reed said.

"I've never been through anything like this," said meat department employee Scott Stroman, in his second week on the job. He said the gunshots sounded like faint popping sounds from another part of the building.

"Other employees came running up and said 'hey, let's get out of here,"' Stroman said. Officers were already on the scene when he got outside.

Two shooting victims were in critical condition, and two were in serious condition, including the officer shot in the leg by the suspect, police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. None of the victims was identified.

Jackson said the gunman was believed to be the only suspect but would not identify him or say whether he worked for Safeway.

Safeway officials did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

G

·
Pretty sad that this day and age you can't even go out and buy milk without worrying about getting shot by some crazy nut job. :roll:

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Misguided assumption Maser....He (the nut job) could have done about the same amount of damage with a machete and propane torch..ora baseball bat... or....on and on and on.......

G

·
scooter said:
Misguided assumption Maser....He (the nut job) could have done about the same amount of damage with a machete and propane torch..ora baseball bat... or....on and on and on.......
or a small rabbit... a really, really small rabbit :-D

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
You aint helpin here JS :-D

G

·
I saw this story on the news last night before I wet to bed. It was a safway worker who shot up the place. Guess maybe he wasn't too pleased about his lack of benefits. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts