Handgun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a new mag or two for my CW9. Top gun has 7 and 8 round mags and they look exactly the same. Does the 8 rounder sit flush with the bottom of the grip like the 7 rounder does? These appear to be Kahr factory mags and in stock items. Anyone try these or give me any feedback?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I want to buy a new mag or two for my CW9. Top gun has 7 and 8 round mags and they look exactly the same. Does the 8 rounder sit flush with the bottom of the grip like the 7 rounder does? These appear to be Kahr factory mags and in stock items. Anyone try these or give me any feedback?
The 7 rounder, so long as it is for a P9/K9/CW9 will be a flush fit mag. the 8 rounder should stick out the bottom slightly, and a little unfinished looking, but its another round.

7 rounder

8 rounder in a P9 or CW9 on the far left

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the pictures and explination. I'll stick with the 7 rounder as I like the flush fitting look over the extended 8 mag. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The point is that you would carry with the flush-fitting 7-rounder, and carry the 8-rounder(s) as your spare mag(s). If you have already expended 7 rounds, in defense of your life, and have to reload, you aren't going to care what it looks like, and you just might like to have that extra round.

·
Registered
1 Posts
leroi

I have a new pm-40. How long of "sticks" can I get for my new carry. I do not know what is interchangeable. Thanks gang!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The point is that you would carry with the flush-fitting 7-rounder, and carry the 8-rounder(s) as your spare mag(s). If you have already expended 7 rounds, in defense of your life, and have to reload, you aren't going to care what it looks like, and you just might like to have that extra round.
Yup, that's the way I would do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts