Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a chance to run some rounds through my new PF9. Very pleased! I was hoping it would impress me enough to become my new EDC. It cycled everything I threw at it today. Even 125gr LRN reloads. I was a little apprehensive because of all the negative feedback on other forums, but it was a sweeeeeet surprise. Now to work up a load that it really likes.
BTW, I'm obviously new to this forum. I look forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Just got a chance to run some rounds through my new PF9. Very pleased! I was hoping it would impress me enough to become my new EDC. It cycled everything I threw at it today. Even 125gr LRN reloads. I was a little apprehensive because of all the negative feedback on other forums, but it was a sweeeeeet surprise. Now to work up a load that it really likes.
BTW, I'm obviously new to this forum. I look forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can.
Hello! Welcome to the forum. I had a PF-9, but traded it off on the P-11. Nothing wrong with the PF-9, just my hands are large and the smaller grip was beating me to death. My P-11 has done well for me and am using it as my EDC lately. I will trade off between that or my Beretta Nano. Hope you little PF-9 runs good for you!:smt1099

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had 2 PF9's. The blued one ran 100%, but the bluing started wearing off very quickly. I sold it and bought a Parkerized model. I never could get that one to run reliably after about 5 mags. Seemed like the extractor spring was losing it's tension as it warmed up. I replaced the spring and still had the same problem. First 4 - 5 mags, perfect. After that the FTE's would get more common with each mag fired. I sold it (with full disclosure) and bought a M&P9C. It is an awesome gun to carry for a few hours, but I found it too heavy to lug around all day. I added a Shield 9, and it is as perfect a carry gun as you can get. it reminds me of the PF9, because you almost forget you carrying it. I'll probably buy another PF9, someday (preferably in HC).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently picked one of these little guns up, and absolutely love it. Only about 50 rounds in, but no type of failure to this point. The gun is comfortable, sturdy, and I'm confident with it, and that's most of what matters!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I recently picked one of these little guns up, and absolutely love it. Only about 50 rounds in, but no type of failure to this point. The gun is comfortable, sturdy, and I'm confident with it, and that's most of what matters!
Congrats! Like I said earlier, I had no issues with the PF-9 I had other than it hurt my large hands due to not enough grip area. I and the wife went shooting this morning after church, and she shot her SR22, and I shot my BU9 and P-11. We had a good time and the P-11 shot well. Good luck with your PF-9 and happy shooting!:smt1099

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the site. I love my PF-9, reliable and well made, but had to get the magazine extensions for a good grip. Never had any ftf or fte after about 200 rounds through it. My carry ammo is the Federal Personal Defense 9mm 115gr JHP.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Howdy,

I too love my PF-9.

I've had it for almost 3 years and have fired +500 rounds without a hiccup.

I use either a Rem. 115gr JHP or Win. 147gr JHP with a spare mag of NATO spec 124gr JSP.

I carry it in a leather belt slide holster OWB at 3:00.

My EDC is a Glock 23 but sometimes when I wear shorts and a t-shirt my G23 is a little too big so I break out the PF-9.

Paul

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Howdy,

I too love my PF-9.

I've had it for almost 3 years and have fired +500 rounds without a hiccup.

I use either a Rem. 115gr JHP or Win. 147gr JHP with a spare mag of NATO spec 124gr JSP.

I carry it in a leather belt slide holster OWB at 3:00.

My EDC is a Glock 23 but sometimes when I wear shorts and a t-shirt my G23 is a little too big so I break out the PF-9.

Paul
Your lucky. My P-11 will eat anything EXCEPT 147's. Frustrating!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am a Nano/Kahr fanboy. But this gun has intrigued me with the light weight. I have a friend of mine that also shoot small guns on a regular basis. He bought one thinking there would not be much to it, but in a conversation with him, he went on to say it was far better than anything he expected. And the recoil was not anything like the internet says. His has been very reliable. Of course I do not expect it too be as rugged or well built as the Nano, but for EDC all day, ounces matter.
Last summer, I bought a Keltec P32. Lol, that little gun has been very impressive as well. In fact it is the gun that sparked my interest in the Lightweight PF9.

Congrats to the OP, keep us up to date.

P32 fully loaded with 8 rounds of Underwood Plus P

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The Kel Tec P-32, was the very first polymer framed gun that I ever bought...like in 2005. I had it for about two years, shot it quite a bit, but just could not get used to the very small size...I wear size 11 gloves, and it was tough for me to shoot.

Great little gun, other than the size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've carried my PF9 since they first came out in a Galco Pocket Holster. It has either been my BUG or primary carry pretty much every day since. I recently updated the trigger with a MCarbo trigger and spring which made it much more pleasant to shoot. Having shot several thousand rounds through the little gun I have only experienced one malfunction and that was because the bullet overall length was greater than normal. Here is the gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts