Supporting Member
5,657 Posts
Have seen quality decrease when they moved assembly to the USA,
Not Glock in particular , I would say yes Glock, walther, beretta, sig,
I probably missed a couple

·
Supporting Member
5,657 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the newest gen 5s are as good as any, regardless of the Austria stamp.
I do appreciate those obsolete totally out of style gen three models, mine have the "Austria" roll mark.
If someone wants to buy a brand new gen 3, off the assembly line.
It's not your original gen 3 anymore.
A stamp is just a stamp, WHO ASSEMBLED THE GUN ,
I've only seen quality go down, never up when a European gun maker goes USA,
Somebody tell me when quality improved?
I would never give up my German walthers or Italian made berettas.

·
Supporting Member
5,657 Posts
My Gen threes were built by people somewhere in the northern hemisphere. They did a nice job, the guns work every time.
Austria is in the northern hemisphere.
Slide, barrel, etc USA made Glock sounds like a reliable clone, lol

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Austria is in the northern hemisphere.
Slide, barrel, etc USA made Glock sounds like a reliable clone, lol
My frames and slides are stamped "Made in Austria":cool:
My .45 Shield is stamped "Made in U.S.A." It has worked every time so far, but my ammo supply won't allow a high round count just yet.:(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I keep all my triggers stock mainly because i'm cheap. Learning good fundamentals can go a long way toward improving the glock trigger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Apparently I am in the dark about these Johnny Glock triggers. Maybe you could expound on the subject.
Do a search on YouTube for Johnny Glock the persona.

He custom makes Glock triggers from mild to wild and makes some of the safest, lightest pull triggers available. From drop in to full custom to your spec.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Since this is a G19 thread what do you all recommend on aftermarket triggers?
Do you have a minimum of 1000 rounds through your pistol? Aftermarket triggers have been known to cause problems. If you do change one make sure to have a competent person do it, then put 400-500 rounds through.
FWIW, the two armorers I have laid eyes on and known for years refuse to put aftermarket parts in LE or SD pistols. Commercial production aftermarket doesn't carry the voodoo stigma many forums would like you to think. They do it because of reliability. They don't want their officers to die from "improvements" causing problems. That is their opinion and practice and not all armorers.
Glock is about as good out of the box as they come. Many come to places like this seeking solutions or sympathy for "Fixing" them into unreliability.

Reactions: Goldwing

·
Administrator
4,177 Posts
Since this is a G19 thread what do you all recommend on aftermarket triggers?
I like the SSVI Tyr

And the Apex

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do a search on YouTube for Johnny Glock the persona.

He custom makes Glock triggers from mild to wild and makes some of the safest, lightest pull triggers available. From drop in to full custom to your spec.

He's got the best hands in the entire world, I wish I have his talent for a trade!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts