Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New here but not new to guns. I recently inherited by father-in-law's Tanfoglio TA75 .22 revolver. A screw is missing; one of two right aft of the trigger guard - don't know what they're called or even what they do. I suspect the gun has been used for years without it but I'd like to replace it. I've tried the Gun Garage in Arkansas and Lee's in Texas but neither could help me. Sure appreciate any help; thanks!
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Hello! New here but not new to guns. I recently inherited by father-in-law's Tanfoglio TA75 .22 revolver. A screw is missing; one of two right aft of the trigger guard - don't know what they're called or even what they do. I suspect the gun has been used for years without it but I'd like to replace it. I've tried the Gun Garage in Arkansas and Lee's in Texas but neither could help me. Sure appreciate any help; thanks! View attachment 20121
You can probably use screws from a Cimmaron/Uberti single action .22 that's similar to yours. Both Tanfoglio and Cimmaron/Uberti are Italian made guns. It wouldn't surprise me if they used the same screws. At any rate they're not that expensive and worth taking a chance. Midwest Gun Works carries parts for those guns as does Cimmaron and Taylor&Company.

Uberti 1873 Cattleman Backstrap & Trigger Guard Screw, 8-36 Thread

Uberti Cartridge Revolver Parts - Parts - Accessories

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Great suggestions; thanks!
You're welcome!

A lot of times manufacturers will use a single source for generic parts such as screws and roll pins instead of making their own. I'll bet they'll probably work. If not you won't be out a whole helluva' lot money for trying. I believe that your gun is out of production? Whereas Cimmaron/Uberti's are still being made, that's why parts are still available for them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Often. Ace Hardware’s have a special, but small section of screws, nut, bolts, etc for firearms. I’ve found several missing parts at my local Ace.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If the above suggestions don't work out, I found a site that sells parts kits. They have several for TA76 (* I know you said yours was a TA75*) that might work for you. They are based in Nevada. You have to buy the entire kit you select, not individual parts. Each kit varies in what it contains, read the description and look at the pictures.
I have not used them, so I am not able to vouch for them.
Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts