Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,968 Posts
Sorry, I see no practical advantage in a lever gun over a semi auto.
At $1500 there are many choices that would better serve my needs. I am thinking I bought my last AR (Armalite Rifle) , a Lauer Custom set up for long range varmints for just over half of the levers MSRP.
I will pass thank you.

· Administrator
14,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never liked the AR platform adding a lever action makes it even less
Over the years, I have owned several rifles, and a couple of ARs. I don't care much for where the AR charging handle is. I like the charging handle on the side much more. I really liked theSCAR16 I used to have. The Steyr AUG and PS90s I used to own also had the handle on the side, as does the CX4.

· Registered
6,477 Posts
I was introduced to that platform in the late 1960s and on the firing ranges they weren't bad but in the field they sucked. Found the M-1 carbine to be much more reliable platform.

· Registered
111 Posts
Sorry, I see no practical advantage in a lever gun over a semi auto.
At $1500 there are many choices that would better serve my needs. I am thinking I bought my last AR (Armalite Rifle) , a Lauer Custom set up for long range varmints for just over half of the levers MSRP.
I will pass thank you.
Some people like "different".
Some people like learning new things..
Some people realize that lever-action rifles will won't be outlawed until after the AR/AW and the semi-auto rifles are. (They'll have more time with their firearm.)

· Registered
111 Posts
Over the years, I have owned several rifles, and a couple of ARs. I don't care much for where the AR charging handle is. I like the charging handle on the side much more. I really liked theSCAR16 I used to have. The Steyr AUG and PS90s I used to own also had the handle on the side, as does the CX4.
You forgot the AK47 pattern rifles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts