Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know were i can find a nice inside the pants holster or a shoulder holster that is left handed and will fit a bryco/jimenez j.a. nine??? looked all over the net can only find like 2 holsters both tactical leg holsters!

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Before you look for a holster, take it to a shooting range and test it for continuing reliable functioning.
The brand has a poor reputation, so don't stake your life to an untested pistol.

·
Registered
882 Posts
before you look for a holster, take it to a shooting range and test it for continuing reliable functioning.
The brand has a poor reputation, so don't stake your life to an untested pistol.
+1,000

·
Registered
882 Posts
Found one!! It's an ambi model.....

:anim_lol: Just kiddin!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
???

thxs for all your replies i have test shot it repeatedly and have had absolutly no problems i have fired approx. 100 rds out of it and it has only jammed once...

·
Administrator
4,194 Posts
Does anyone know were i can find a nice inside the pants holster or a shoulder holster that is left handed and will fit a bryco/jimenez j.a. nine??? looked all over the net can only find like 2 holsters both tactical leg holsters!
All kidding aside, the only thing you're probably going to find is the generic "one size fits most" holsters. Check out a DeStantis Pro Stealth IWB, they come in different sizes. As for shoulder holsters...I don't have the foggiest idea.

Sorry I can't be more help, but hardly anyone makes holsters specifically for that gun.

·
Registered
272 Posts
thxs for all your replies i have test shot it repeatedly and have had absolutly no problems i have fired approx. 100 rds out of it and it has only jammed once...
I would never carry a gun that I haven't personally fired 300 rounds through consecutively with out any malfunction, but that is just my opinion. My bet is that generic holsters are going to be your only option.

·
Administrator
4,194 Posts
I would never carry a gun that I haven't personally fired 300 rounds through consecutively with out any malfunction, but that is just my opinion. My bet is that generic holsters are going to be your only option.
I agree completely!
So what? It could still break on 301 shots fired. Who cares how many rounds you shoot through "X", the guy is asking about a holster.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
So what? It could still break on 301 shots fired. Who cares how many rounds you shoot through "X", the guy is asking about a holster.
We're attempting to advise him about trusting his life to a weapon with a bad reputation. That's one heck of a lot more important than merely helping him find a holster.
Speaking as someone with more than a modicum of pistol-using experience, I believe it to be my humane duty to attempt to steer less-experienced shooters into heading in better directions than they might otherwise take, and toward making better choices than they might otherwise make.

·
Administrator
4,194 Posts
We're attempting to advise him about trusting his life to a weapon with a bad reputation.
I must have missed that...where was that talked about? All I saw was throw it in the trash or shoot more rounds through it.

There is no magic number to prove reliability. 200, 300, even 500 rounds is a drop in the bucket to some. All "X" number of rounds shot proves is that it's gone that number of rounds with out a problem. It does not mean that the gun will not malfunction on shots 205, 310 and 550. While some are less and some more problematic than others, there is no definite number to prove reliability. It's all about what one sees as a reasonable level of performance.

Yes the Jimenez is a less than reputable gun, I think anyone that punches it into Google will find that out all on their own, but for right now that's what the OP has for whatever reason.

Slam the gun, the OP, choice of holster, ammo, hell even take a shot at me if your game, but the least we could do is try to answer the guy's question before we berate him on his choices.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
...Slam the gun, the OP, choice of holster, ammo, hell even take a shot at me if your game, but the least we could do is try to answer the guy's question before we berate him on his choices.
His question was indeed answered, some posts back. Check and see.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There's something to be said about not being able to find a holster for a certain type of weapon. Most (not all) guns that are difficult to find holsters for have not proven themselves to be overly reliable. He'll have to go with a universal holster as noted earlier.

I know that internet horses never really die, they just rest until ready to be beaten again, but... I'd strongly suggest to the OP to look into a different gun if it is indeed for defensive purposes.

Also, shoulder holsters are Hollywood cool, but they aren't really practical unless you'll be wearing a cover garment all the time. Summertime presents a butt load of problems when it comes to maintaining concealability with a shoulder holster.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Sorry, but I strongly believe in straying off-topic when the temporary derailment will serve a very useful purpose.
Besides, both during and after the derailment in question, the OP's question was answered. For instance, a long way back, VAMarine wrote: "Check out a DeStantis Pro Stealth IWB..."
I believe that's similar to your suggestion. Right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
other

lol i love the issues with who is carrying what does it really matter what you carry as long as you know how to use it and works for who is carrying it? i mean seriously as long as you matiain the weapon properly and clean it it dosent matter brand or caliber you are still going to see results if you ask me.. i know there are many differances in many brands that why we have so many options.. but the whole post was to find a holster not to worried about it cause i am about to get my hands on a S&W 9mm and a 40 but i enjoy what everyones opinions are im not offended by any of it i like to see what others have to say thanks to all for the feedback!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For. All those that are saying the unreliability of the jimenez arms janine is was discontinued and is now based off of a lugar it is a good starter gun and I own and carry mine as a duty weapon. It is reliable if you take care of it just like any firearm I have put over a 1000 rounds throu mine and haven't had a jam. They are ammo picky and only work the best with federal rounds

1 - 20 of 27 Posts