Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am in the coming months, going to get my first 1911. I just want some opinions on which of these manufactures have the best quality gun.
I'm not partial to any one nor know much about 1911 style semi-autos.

I am looking at either Kimber or Para.

·
Registered
531 Posts
OMG, what a decision! I'm going to enjoy watching your decision proccess...
It's got to be nice knowing you can't make a wrong decision.

(What ever you do, don't listen to js, he's got to be biased at the moment...) :-D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, js just had to post that Kimber and further fuel my passion for a Kimber. I do plan on carrying what ever I get. Compact or fullsize, makes no difference right now. I gots da 1911 fever :smt078

·
Registered
4 Posts
grrr......erm....

my momma always said if you can't say nothing nice say nothing at all

soooooo

nothing at all

8)

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
There are spotty reviews and complaints on both companies. But, I prev had a Kimber, and it was very accurate. Now that Kimber has gone back to the internal extractor design, I would buy a Kimber if I ever bought another 1911, although the Smith and Wesson 1911s are right up there too.

S&W has some awesome customer sevice, and I have rarely read anything neg said about them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am happy to announce that Kimber is my pick hands down and I have narrowed it down to one of these (for time being) atleast. These are beautiful weapons.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kimber. I have a Pro Carry that I do in fact carry. Never had an issue. I want an all steel Kimber next. It is good to see Kimber getting the respect they deserve on this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts