Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update. Kel-Tec said they sent the wrong pistols to that reviewer. They sent a barely functional piece meant for photos only. When he asked for a replacement they sent him another of the same. So the first Youtube video was a big thumbs down. Real smart Kel-Tec. Since then I've watched much better reviews. Almost 100% functional with a wide variety of ammo. They say the trigger is crisp, short & about 2-2.5 pounds. Comes with 3 mags. But on Gunwatcher they're asking about fifty bucks over MSRP now so I'll wait. If I get one & it hits point of aim I'll sell my Taurus TX22. Hopefully Kel-Tec will break tradition & make more than 1 a week. Update: I've seen them under $200 but they're out of stock every place that sells them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm on a few waiting lists as well,,,
I am hoping that this little shooter is a good one.

I work at a State University and I have a lot of students as friends,,,
I take as many as are interested to my rifle/pistol club.

Over the years several have become avid shooters,,,
I've even gifted a couple of them pistols as a graduation gift.

Usually they were Bersa Thunder 22's with an extra mag or two,,,
But that ends up costing me well over $300.00 per gift.

This gun comes with a nice plastic case and three mags,,,
At the MSRP of $200.00 I will gift these instead.

Here's hoping I get one soon and that it proves to be a good performer.

Aarond

·
Registered
764 Posts
Bad example? Makes me glad I bought the TX22 over this and the Glock 44. I'll probably buy both because I'm an absolute easy mark for .22 handguns but it won't be soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have both the P17 and the TX22 and haven't experienced any issues with either ...maybe I'm just lucky

Both shoot well and cycle reliably

I put some grip tape on the P17 and a new fiber optic front sight (from tandemkross) on the TX22
0726201404_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm going to buy one if I can ever find one for sale. .22 handguns are rare indeed, around here. Some Ruger Wranglers and that's about it. If anyone knows a mail order or any other place that has them I would appreciate a heads up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts