Handgun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine wasn't in the recall. Glad I got a black S2K cause it looks like the pretty colored ones break. K-T said it was due to bad chemistry when mixing the colors.

Mine has run fine, I got the Beretta 92 configuration:

03.JPG

Added a few parts and did the MCarbo trigger, feed ramp mods:

DSCN0325.JPG

I put the bipod on to take the photo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the MCARBO version. $800 landed plus FFL and laptop bag to carry when folded. Shot 9 rounds and traded for a $400 pistol. Glad to be rid of it. BIG MISTAKE. I am old and neck lacks flexability. Could not acquire a sight picture. For me it was also terrible to clean. Hours of fiddling. Recommend prospective buyers test fire first. Possibly saving you some $$$. Tom Marshall, Georgia

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 1 back in 08 when they first hit the market. It shot great, cut Mickey Mouses at 85 yards all day long. Although I always had in the back of my skull. What am I going to use it for? I only paid 299 for the rifle and the guy threw in a free strap and a free case and a cheap laser sight. Oh and he give me a box of Winchester white box bulk ammo 100 count. Although I know a pistol caliber carbine is quite capable of killing a deer I never felt comfortable useing a 9 mm to deer hunt with. I had arranged a nice trade for a norinco skswhen my wife interjects. Your not trading my lil rifle are you? I told he’s I was trading it. She says. “ The hell you are.” “ out of your vast of firearms that’s the only one I feel comfortable and confident to shoot plus I like the glowing sight on top of it. “. I was taken back. Looking back at all of our range time I really hadn’t noticed that she was always shooting my sub2000. So I asked her do you feel confident if a home intruder broke in and got past lady, our almost 90 pound pit bull lap dog, that you could shoot someone with it? We sleep in different bedrooms because I snore like a bear. Plus I work nights she works days. I don’t like to destroy her cycadian (SIC) rhythm. She says flat footed arms folded out in front of me. “Go look beside my bed.” Beside her bed sat my sub2000 fully loaded and 2 full magazines on her night stand. Argument over. At 50 to 75 yards she can put every round into the 10 ring. Needless to say I still to this very day I still have that exact same carbine that’s in my name but is her rifle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an arthritic neck, but have no problem using the OEM sights, although I did drill the rear sight out to 3/16". My shooting buddy also has neck/spine problems and he's left handed and can't use the sights. Took my golf pro (short/slim 43yrs old) shooting with us and he had no problem, loved the gun and wants to go back, go figure.

I enjoy shooting mine and plan on taking it next week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Put 100+ rnds (Fiocchi) thru it Wedesday, no issues and blew the center out of the target. I have 6-7 Beretta 92 mags, including a 30rnd mag, and took them preloaded. Doesn't take long to go thru 100 rnds but reloading them all takes time!!! I didn't because I also shot my FMK 9c1G2, putting 100+ thru that too. It was a great day at the range.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Put 100+ rnds (Fiocchi) thru it Wedesday, no issues and blew the center out of the target. I have 6-7 Beretta 92 mags, including a 30rnd mag, and took them preloaded. Doesn't take long to go thru 100 rnds but reloading them all takes time!!! I didn't because I also shot my FMK 9c1G2, putting 100+ thru that too. It was a great day at the range.
I have a FMK like yours (Mine has the "Bill or Rights" laser engraved on it) Mine is okay but similar to a G-19 and I am one of the rare guys who does not like G-19's

·
Registered
109 Posts
A buddy of mine got one with the BOR on it at a gun show a few months ago., his is gray. He hadn't done much shooting and it took him a while not to limp wrist the gun. Mine came in the Burnt Bronze color, thing fits like a glove:

18.JPG

Mine came with the DOA trigger and 10rnd mags. After 1 trip to the range I knew that wasn't for me and replaced it with the 804 trigger (Elite?), I've also gotten two 14rnd mags since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts