Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was an owner of the handgun. I've found only the best recommendations regarding this gun and so I bought it.

Hard reality

The firing pin spring was twice destroyed and replaced during 3 months. The fatal failure came with the 1,236th bullet. The barrel was splintered during the last shot and his pieces were shot all round.

I've notified Grand Power management about this event and I was expected at least an apology for the fatal failure. Grand Power answer was shocking: It's normal; we offer a new handgun or money back.

Guys, please save your eyes, health,… life.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111020536688433347051/albums/5922309659166570129

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Questions:
1. Where are you?
2. Which version of the pistol was it: 9mm, .40, or .45 ACP?
3. What ammunition were you using, when the gun destroyed itself?
4. Was that your normal, everyday-use ammunition?
5. Is it at all possible that you had just fired a "squib" load that left a bullet stuck in the barrel, before firing the shot which destroyed the pistol?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Questions:
1. Where are you?
2. Which version of the pistol was it: 9mm, .40, or .45 ACP?
3. What ammunition were you using, when the gun destroyed itself?
4. Was that your normal, everyday-use ammunition?
5. Is it at all possible that you had just fired a "squib" load that left a bullet stuck in the barrel, before firing the shot which destroyed the pistol?
There were 35 bullet holes in the target. I did't check the 36 shot :smt102. I've only used this commercially reloaded ammo: 9 mm Luger, 124 grs, FMJ, gunpowder Vectan BA9 5.3 grs, velocity 1 050 ft/s, primer SB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I've notified Grand Power management about this event and I was expected at least an apology for the fatal failure. Grand Power answer was shocking: It's normal; we offer a new handgun or money back.

You might consider taking Grand Power up on there money back offer and purchasing a handgun from one of the more reputable companies.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts