Handgun Forum banner

Just picked up SIG 229 in 357SIG from CDNN

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kansas_plainsman 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in. Looks good for a used gun - some holster wear, barrel looks good, slide fits tight, trigger and hammer are smooth. Has useable night sights. All-in-all, chalk up another 'win' for CDNN. Range report soon.
-

-

See less See more
#3 ·
Ahhh!!! My favorite pistol! :smt007 I have one and ....well... it's my favorite! I have shot 43 different loads out of mine and from ranges of 7 yards to 100 yards. Enjoy it and give us a range report!!! :smt045

#6 ·
Mini Range Report

Didn't wring it out - didn't have time - but I was able to put a magazine through it. Every shot but the first one went where I sent it. The first shot was probably my nervousness about this 357 SIG round. First time I've ever shot it.

I found the recoil not particularly different from the .40 S&W I'm used to shooting. Then again, the 229 is somewhat heavier than the 239, the HK USPc and the Sig Pro I usually shoot in .40.

Either way, I can't say I was any better or any worse than with the .40. 'Snappy' but well within manageability. I was able to bring it back on target without difficulty.

The gun itself functioned smoothly - no suprises. The decocker could be a little more positive, but it works every time. Trigger is smooth and in SA crisp and positive.

As much as I appreciate this 229, I'm not so much in love with it that I couldn't part with it for a while; the finish is worn enough that I may box it up and send it to SIG for a work-over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.