Handgun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Good points in the study, but it should be combined with more agressive prosecution and sentencing of criminals who commit gun crimes, and I'm not talking about simple illegal possession. People who are charged and convicted of murder with a weapon (gun, knife, whatever) need to receive longer mandatory sentences. Additionally legal gun ownership should be promoted so that these is a means for people to carry for self defense if they meet the requirements. When you have a state that basically believes you have no right to self defense or to own or carry a gun, in spite of the second amendment, it is very difficult to make illegal gun carriers into legal law abiding citizens. Change has to start with the issue of what people are legally allowed to do and adherence to the second amendment should be paramount. Maryland is "may issue' which is two strikes against any resident to begin with.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Baltimore and any of the other large cities will never allow Constitutional carry or even shall issue carry permits. Study all you want but the answer is always that criminals do not obey the laws, any laws new or old. My advice is if firearms make you nervous, move to an area that allows law abiding citizens to carry and protect their homes, familiy and property.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Baltimore and any of the other large cities will never allow Constitutional carry or even shall issue carry permits. Study all you want but the answer is always that criminals do not obey the laws, any laws new or old. My advice is if firearms make you nervous, move to an area that allows law abiding citizens to carry and protect their homes, familiy and property.
Unfortunately that is usually the only option.

.....but wait...isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time? Passing more and more gun laws must be insane?? Sure seems so, but those in power will never relinquish power until it is yanked from their hands.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I know! Let's make murder illegal. That will clear it right up.
If Gun Control Works Why Hasn't It.jpg

Reactions: Steve M1911A1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts