Handgun Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife has had her Texas CHL/LTC for 15 years. She is very proficient with her Ruger SP-101 in .357mag, and we go to the range at least every two months. She is not recoil sensetive even with full power loads but the only time she carries is to and from the ranch. Once she gets there she empties out the .357 rounds and replaces them with .357 shotshells for snakes. She is one snake killing gal. She says as long as I carry, she does not feel the need to do so and I carry from the time my feet hit the floor till I lay down to sleep. When we travel together I keep an extra gun in the truck/car for her if I ever would need backup/help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I stand away from the carry issue for to get a different perspective. Not too carry comes across as some sort of offensive behavior. Not carrying is some sort of crime against firearm owning Americans. I call BS on this line of thinking.

I probably shoot handguns as much of more than average. Tomorrow I;m going to an informal handgun match and fire one hundred rounds. I'm setting aside time this week to sight in two high powered rifles and maybe two handguns. There are a number of firearms in this household. Tomorrow, I will be shooting a Ruger Mark II Target handgun plus a 586 Smith. I do not have a gun in every room. Should I need to have a gun a hand for any reason it's a G23.4. I think it is my choice as a free American to carry or not. It's also none of anybody's business.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Now they're going on a road trip. 1,000 miles of driving each way. A week in hotels. 3 sisters, no men, no guns, no pepper spray, no sticks, no rocks, nothing. My wife was going but just backed out. She said all of her sisters are STILL afraid of guns after 2 classes & several trips to the range. I carry just taking the dog for a walk. It's a habit. One idea, maybe: A Byrna? That's basically a paint ball gun but instead of paint the balls contain sort of a mace/pepper spray mixture & hit harder. They look about the size of a Glock 19 & cost $400-500 from what I've seen.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts