Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Performance Center Shield Pluses.... A 3." and a 4"....

I've have owned them both over a year now. It's weird how 1 will be my preference for a month or two... Then, I decide for some reason that I like the other one more. So, I carry that one exclusively :p

Then, a month or so later, I switch back again... I like the other one better.

It's strange that even after over a year, I feel like I have a "new gun" when I switch back to the other one :p

I know it sounds strange - but usually I carry ONE gun, and I do so for years. I carried my HK P2000 for 6.5 years straight. So, I don't usually switch back and forth.

But, since they are essentially the same gun, just in different sizes - there is no learning curve in changing back and forth....

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I use to swap out between a 1960s and a 1970s Colt 1911a1. I quit carrying my Colts after a friend's Colt that was his grand father's walked out of a property room after a self defense shooting. It was a 1928 manufacture Colt in 38 super. I know these events are rare but my little collection is important to me and I would be more than Irate over it happening to one of mine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just seem to get focused on a particular type of handgun for a year or so. The Px4 goes to the range with me most times. For the better Part of the last year I’ve had a side focus on snubby revolvers.

need to plan what to take to the next range session, and knock the dust off one (figuratively, none are actually dusty) that hasn’t been out in a while.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been kinda doing that swapping around between the Sig P-365 (9mm) and 380. I put the slightly longer X grip on the 9mm and left the 380 stock. Same feel- same gun- slightly larger and a couple oz dif in wt. I carry one- then the other. In fact- just yesterday I put an X grip on the 380 too. Now the difference is just weight- and recoil...which is not much.
The only other gun I carry is the Ruger LCP Max- sometimes 10 round mags, other times 12. But it is vastly different from the Sigs. I'kll keep the Ruger for occasional pocket carry locally - but I suspect the Sigs are my last purchase.....just don't need to accumulate stuff- got enough already,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts