Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a gun brand you just hate? One you wouldn't take a gun from at all?

Some of the ones I commonly see so many complaints about on various forums include: Taurus, Kimber, Hi Point, SCCY and Kahr...

Do you absolutely hate one of these brands, or some other brand?

Registered
CZ. Had one experience. The only way it could have been worse is if I were injured. It is pretty remarkable that didn't happen.
Nope.
Not much of a Sig fan either.

Reactions: Shipwreck

Registered
I have owned several firearms that I found undesirable, hated to trade them off.

Reactions: Shipwreck

Registered
I own S&W, Ruger and Charter Arms handguns. Remington and Mossberg shotguns, and Marlin and Savage long rifles. Never had a problem with any. Now ammo that is another question altogether. I have fired friends Glocks and Sigs at the range and they worked well and were quite accurate. I used an M14 in basic. Shot fine and was quite accurate. Would like to have one today.

Registered
Had 3 Tauri and one time. My fav was the Mil Pro 111.....but it became so problematic and I traded it off.
Had the 845- which was excellent-it was a big monster. Best one- but sold it because someone wanted it $.
The TCP 738- worst gun I ever had. Sent it to factory 3 times. It took Taurus just over a year to get it where it would run a complete mag without a malfunction. Last trip from Taurus- i fired 2 full mags through it w/o issue for the 1st time. I took it straight to the pawn shop and traded it in on a Beretta 92- happy day!
I believe Taurus has cleaned up their act though -as they have some popular guns out there and I visit that forum almost daily- not many complaints.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had 3 Tauri and one time. My fav was the Mil Pro 111.....but it became so problematic and I traded it off.
Had the 845- which was excellent-it was a big monster. Best one- but sold it because someone wanted it $.
The TCP 738- worst gun I ever had. Sent it to factory 3 times. It took Taurus just over a year to get it where it would run a complete mag without a malfunction. Last trip from Taurus- i fired 2 full mags through it w/o issue for the 1st time. I took it straight to the pawn shop and traded it in on a Beretta 92- happy day!
I believe Taurus has cleaned up their act though -as they have some popular guns out there and I visit that forum almost daily- not many complaints.

It's been my experience in the past that the Taurus Forum would remove complaints. Now, that was years ago. I don't know if they still do that.

Registered
A note on Taurus: The two TX22's I bought have been great with minimal ammunition problems. I've had then over two years now. My Sig P322 is on it's way back for repairs. I can't get a full magazine through it without issue. Failure to fire is the main issue, but there are others. Seems like Sig can't copy Taurus well enough. I did a side by side and the Taurus fired CCI HVM SV and Blazer without a flaw. SIg choked on all of them I tried Golden Bullet, Browning, Federal Auto Match, and Aguila HV. Same thing. Taurus worked and the Sig didn't.

Reactions: Belt Fed

Registered
A note on Taurus: The two TX22's I bought have been great with minimal ammunition problems. I've had then over two years now. My Sig P322 is on it's way back for repairs. I can't get a full magazine through it without issue. Failure to fire is the main issue, but there are others. Seems like Sig can't copy Taurus well enough. I did a side by side and the Taurus fired CCI HVM SV and Blazer without a flaw. SIg choked on all of them I tried Golden Bullet, Browning, Federal Auto Match, and Aguila HV. Same thing. Taurus worked and the Sig didn't.
You and I have the same experience, my TX22 will feed anything and has never jammed and the sig sour is a piece of junk. The taurus G3 is a decent gun for the money. mine has never jammed.

But guns are like cars, chainsaws and so on, everyone has their favorite and ones the dislike the most.

Registered
It's been my experience in the past that the Taurus Forum would remove complaints. Now, that was years ago. I don't know if they still do that.
Yep- I have seen some complaints "moderated" in the past - (including some of mine). But eventually Taurus got so bad- even the moderators finally accepted it. Now it's much better. I left the forum for a while- because of the attitude of some of the players. Taurus has definitely turned around now- they are putting out pretty good guns and STILL working on replacing some bad guns that are still out there. But they are slow with it- I am sure it is expen$ive. I have been back on the forum for maybe 2 years now- it's good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts