1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nice collection, Shipwreck.

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Well since there is no 1911 present I have to assume they're just another bunch of fatherless children :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scooter said:
Well since there is no 1911 present I have to assume they're just another bunch of fatherless children :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:p :p

Hey, I used to SUPER be into 1911s, but I seem to always have some issue w/ them. That last TRP I had - I gotta say that it was not as accurate to the sights as I would have liked. That was pretty much a $1200 gun. Then, after Tripp screwed it up, I decided I would take a break from them - Especially when I was shooting just as well or better with my SW99 as I was with that $1200 1911.

The most accurate 1911 I have had was that KImber I had (I posted a pic before) - But the aluminum frame introduced issues I was not familiar with at the time - I have had aluminum 9mms before - but an aluminum 1911 w/o a ramped barrel and with magazines w/ metal followers can have "issues."

Plus, I prev had a 1911 w/ some blued parts - and the blued parts continued to exude a rusty ooze for years - never could get it to stop.

I don't know if I'll by another 1911 again, to be honest - I have lost too much money on them when selling them because of a problem.

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Yer just jinxed I guess,Ive had several 1911's and never a problem that wasn't ammo or magazine related.Im happier with my 1911's than a pig with his own mud puddle

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just read about an interesting new Para Ordinance 1911 doublestack - it has their new LDA trigger - looked kind of interesting. The article never listed a price, though.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, not everyone may agree - but for me, it is my all time fav gun. I am not the best shot in the world, but no other gun works as well for me. I shoot the best out of any gun consistantly w/ either my SW99 or fullsize P99.

Anyway, I packed up my slide - will be sending it off for hard chroming now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts