Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in another post someting about a 92 Inox? do they still make these? I'm beretta illerate, the only ones I know about are the types they have in the local gunshop, Never had any interest in them untill recently. TIA

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
Yes, they are still made - they are now just 2-tone - Inox silver colored with the mag release, safety, trigger and a few other parts being black. I personally like the 2 tone look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a Beretta 92 FS Brigadier, Inox, and wondered what that term meant. I later read somewhere that "Inox" was just the term that Beretta used to designate their stainless steel models.

More recently I discovered that INOX is the:
European Market Development Association for Stainless Steel. :idea:

--Weed

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
I kinda like the two tone color, but can understand why people want only the metal parts.

Anyway, the Inox guns are being discontinued this year. Get 'em while ya can...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Think my tax return is going towards another INOX.

Also been pondering, get a 90 Two and hard chrome some parts. Now that would look killer 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw on the net that Baretta is gonna discontinue the Inox line? is this true? I know you cant trust everyting u read on the net but I hope it aint true, I've seen some really nice Inox pistols on the auction sites recently.

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
Well, I have no inside knowledge into the company itself, but I have read the same thing on more than 1 forum - and someone who attended the shot show reported the same as well. So, for now, I believe it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm hearing conflicting things now. I forgot what site it was, but someone said that they spoke to Beretta Customer Service on the phone and said the rumour was unfounded and untrue.

For us INOX lovers, I hope that is the case.

G

·
Brandon_Lutz said:
I'm hearing conflicting things now. I forgot what site it was, but someone said that they spoke to Beretta Customer Service on the phone and said the rumour was unfounded and untrue.

I think I'm going to call Beretta tomorrow and find out for myself. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
js said:
Brandon_Lutz said:

I think I'm going to call Beretta tomorrow and find out for myself. I'll keep you guys posted.
Sweet. Let us know what you find out :)

G

·
Brandon_Lutz said:
Sweet. Let us know what you find out :)
Well, I called and was put on hold for about 10 min. I had to get back to work, will try again tomorrow. I also just e-mailed them and ask. So we'll see. I'm still in the market for a 96 Brig Inox. I personally need to know if I should start aggressiving searching for one in case they discontinue them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts