Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
425 Posts
Oh!......easy pick for me- OUTDOOR!

They are about the same distance for me and the indoor is about $2 cheaper- but timed. The outdoor range is all day.
The indoor range is usually crowded and very noisy. I can not wait to get out of there. o_O
The outdoor range is crowded on the week-ends, but usually empty in the morning on week-days. Rarely do I ever see anyone there before noon. I can do just about anything I want. 😃

· Registered
706 Posts
Mine is indoor lately. Found a good range locally and never looked back. Good safe atmosphere and an awesome staff.
*Have taking courses, joined range club and enjoy training.
Best thing I have done is get assistance and safe direction. They also have outdoor areas...

Reactions: Brazz and Shipwreck

· Administrator
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I live in hot, Central Texas. I loved the indoor range here when it opened. I was sick of dripping with sweat every time I went to the range. Plus, they never cut the damn grass either.

So, I only shoot at the indoor range. That eliminates rifles here (unless it is a PCC). But, that's okay....

When I first started shooting indoors, I didn't shoot as well as I did outside. Now, it is the opposite. My indoor range is pretty dark, but I think it helps me focus. And now that I've switched to almost all fiber optic sights on my guns, I can see the sights on my handguns much better. :)

· Registered
110 Posts
What's your preference? Where do you do most of your shooting?

Indoors or outdoors?
Indoor range: cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The outdoor ranges are 30+ from my home. Rifles get heavier each year and my grandson is off at uni and can't carry my bags.
Even when I was younger and the indoor range was 45 minutes away and had very little climate control, I still preferred shooting handguns at indoor ranges.

· Registered
36 Posts
INDOOR
Shortest drive
membership come-go
target come-hither on a rail
steel construction to be safe & monitored/managed for safety
golf rained out/bad weather? time to go shoot

OUTDOOR
Love being outdoors but none locally have anything like above
The only place to go to zero in hunting gear if without lots of acreage

· Registered
21 Posts
I belong to the Canton McKinley rifle and pistol club in Canton Ohio. It has both outdoor ranges and an indoor range. I prefer the outdoor range most of the time because there is hardly anyone there when I go during the afternoon. Plus the price (membership) is right at about $120 / year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts