Handgun Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
40 yards? In a crowded shopping mall. One heck of a shot and or shots.
It was in the food court where most of the people were seated. The Good Samaritan and the Killer were at eye level. The Killer was at the entryway to the restrooms.
Next time that you're in a mall, check out the food court and the restrooms. It's a perfect setup for the Good Samaritan, that is, he was probably making a clear shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well whether it was 40 feet or 40 yards, 8 out of 10 shots on target in a stressful situation is impressive. Makes me wonder if Eli had a red dot on his Glock. Maybe a MOS of some variety (g19,g26,g43x,g48)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not surprising the more a story is told the more it grows usually
Yeah, next thing we’ll hear is Eli shot tight groups the size of quarters in this bad guy. Nobody is ever gonna live up to his heroism and lore lol. Whether he wants it or not he’s the face of concealed carry and pro second amendment sheepdogs. Take a picture with this guy if you see him so one day you can show your grandkids, before there’s nothing left but a bronze statue of him at the nra. In all seriousness he did a fantastic job that I don’t feel many could have done as effectively given the circumstances

·
Registered
125 Posts
I never carry a gun that doesn't have a hammer that I can cock the revolver or pistol with .
The reason is this incident ... I can shoot a lot better single action at 40-50 yards (that's half a football field) than I can shooting double action with hammerless revolver / pistol .
There might be a need for accurate long rang shooting ... and fast DA shooting may not be the answer .
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was intrigued by this story also. Here’s a few things i‘ve read. He motioned people to safety and was over 40yds away in the beginning using an support beam to lean on. Then moved closer to about 40yds hitting the subject 8 times out of 10 shots fired with his glock 9mm. He said that his grandfather taught him how to shoot. This young man has no military or LE training. The illegal reports was that no weapons are allowed in the mall. Which is really not serious, but purchased Glock used legally.
He still had to get a lawyer and there’s a GoFundMe page to help with the fees.

My worry would have been a 40yd shot vs rifle, and LE showing up taking me out as the 2nd shooter. We wouldn’t find that truth for days.
Glad it all worked out for him, the lives he probably saved, and for us CCW folks here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well whether it was 40 feet or 40 yards, 8 out of 10 shots on target in a stressful situation is impressive. Makes me wonder if Eli had a red dot on his Glock. Maybe a MOS of some variety (g19,g26,g43x,g48)
Exactly that is great accuracy. I hope they do a real style documentary on this whole story and show law abiding citizens doing great things with their firearms to save others

21 - 33 of 33 Posts