Handgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hero took out the mass shooter from 40 yards with a carry gun. I don't even shoot over 15 yards with my carry guns. Maximum range is 25 yards where I shoot. Could I hit a silhouette target from 25 yards with my Ruger LCR or SIG P290RS or Beretta Pico? Never tried it so I don't know. Next trip to the range I will try. With my range guns no problem. Pocket guns, won't be easy. They said the hero was carrying a Glock & shot 10 times so I know it wasn't a 42 or 43. I can't carry anything bigger comfortably.
Remeber he was 22 with all the vibrato that goes with a 22 year old.
Great accuracy --> 10 shots at 40 yards with 7 hits (according to the LEOs) with a Glock! The killer had a Glock also and it looked like a 43 or 26.

·
Registered
44 Posts
40 yards? In a crowded shopping mall. One heck of a shot and or shots.
It was in the Food Court (so it was not so crowded with people standing up and milling around) and the killer was at the restroom portal (a easy to see and the killer was not running around). The Good Samaritan did a very good thing (protecting the innocent) and accomplished difficult shoots for most civiliams. The GS is to be thanked and wished "God Speed" with his own psychological trauma!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Last news article I read said he may have connected with his very first shot. Distance may have been 50 yards and he closed to 40, if I read it right. Time to set up the steel out a little farther. Maybe a drill, Eli's Nightmare, ten rounds, start at 50, draw from concealment on buzzer, fire at least one round from 50, close to 40 yards, subcompact pistol only. unmodified, and must navigate between three obstacles to simulate innocent bystanders, must score 8 hits on target, 1 must be A Zone, total time allowed 15 seconds. Might be a little eye opening for us.
Edited the drill to reflect the coroner stated the murderer was hit 8 times and the Chief stated the entire shootout took 15 seconds.
The LEO said 7 out of 10 shoots and the coroner confirmed 8 out of 10! Truly remarkable and magnificent shooting! Truly a wonderful savings of tens of lives in Indiana. My Hero!
(And the Bain of Gun Banners as he proved them All Wrong!)
Kudos Eli!

·
Registered
44 Posts
40 yards? In a crowded shopping mall. One heck of a shot and or shots.
It was in the food court where most of the people were seated. The Good Samaritan and the Killer were at eye level. The Killer was at the entryway to the restrooms.
Next time that you're in a mall, check out the food court and the restrooms. It's a perfect setup for the Good Samaritan, that is, he was probably making a clear shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts