Handgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was in Houston yesterday and stopped by a gunstore I had never seen before. I was wandering through when there in the case was a SP-101 with a 3" barrel. I had been looking for such a gun since my wife adopted my 2" hammerless version of the SP-101 as her own. I always liked to carry the 2" to the place we have in the country. Now with the 3", I can get a bit more velocity from the round and a bit longer sight radius. Paid $400.00 new in box so I was pretty happy. I plan to dehorn it and change to a good set of wood grips and carry it concealed from time to time. This is my 5th Ruger revolver.

Others include:
SP-101 hammerless DAO
Stainless Redhawk in .357mag 5.5" barrel
Stainless Redhawk in .41mag 5.5" barrel
Stainless Redhawk in .41mag 7.5" barrel and 2X Leupold Scope

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oop's Sorry!!! I have to say that I really like Ruger's new locking device that is NOT a part of the gun itself.

Here it is:

[IMG:712:536:43c3ecf96f]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/SP101.jpg[/img:43c3ecf96f]

·
Registered
41 Posts
wow you have a redhawk in 357 thats cool.i most say you need a 4 inch gp-100or at least a security 6.get em both .youll love them.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Fine Show.

That is one fine family of guns you got there. :-D I got a SP101 with Crimson Laser Grips on it. I have the 2 1/4" barrel. I get up with it and it sleeps under my pillow at night. I put about 50rds through it a week. Their one of the best in my book and I have had a lot of them stub noses over the years. :wink:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice Gun. I'm thinking about buying a revolver. Just waiting for a gun show so I can do some looking at whats available before I buy. I especially like the Rugers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts