Handgun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can't be hepfull to dry fire any gun, snap caps or not, IMO. :idea: I try to avoid it. :idea:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Yes, if U are worried about wear on the gun, use snap caps. It won't hurt it then. And, it helps you learn trigger and gun control. U can see your movements of the gun on target as you move the trigger, and then learn to correct it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it was Rob Leatham I read about who said he dry fires at least a thousand times a week. I can't argue with that. It won't hurt your gun and can only help you improve trigger control so why not?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dry practice

Worry all you want, but there is no statistical evidence to suggest that dry practicing in the amounts that any of us will do in a week will harm your weapon. Besides when Rob Leathem wears out his gun...the factory simply replaces the worn out parts. So...dry practice...dry practice...dry practice...!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
KINGMAX said:
It can't be hepfull to dry fire any gun, snap caps or not, IMO. :idea: I try to avoid it. :idea:
I have found many things helpful. I have also found many things not so helpful. It's up to each of us to seek improvement in our own fashion.

Dry firing has help me. It has also help smooth out my triggers. I use snap caps for extended sessions. I prefer "wet" firing over dry...
Some times I even envision shooting... Shooting is my sport! :smt071

1 - 12 of 12 Posts