Handgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a professional firearms instructor, I can tell you that a lot of people take the wrong factors into account when purchasing their first gun. The unprecedented surge of first-time gun purchases that took place during the pandemic has shown me that firsthand. I once witnessed an elderly lady go into a gun store and tell the clerk that she was there to buy her first gun. She mentioned that she NEVER thought she would ever own a gun but that in these trying times… This woman wanted a home defense handgun, and the gun-store clerk did what a salesman does: he turned around and grabbed a $2500 AR15 off the wall. Now, we LOVE the AR15 platform, but this was not the right gun for this individual for several reasons. Similarly, we teach a Basics of Pistol course every week, and I regularly meet people who are unhappy with their new gun. (continue reading...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, this type of buying and trading turns out to be great for those of us who shoot a lot and don't have issues with purchasing used firearms.

The salesman, on the other hand, has missed his calling. He might want to consider selling cars, particularly used cars, as an occupation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, this type of buying and trading turns out to be great for those of us who shoot a lot and don't have issues with purchasing used firearms.

The salesman, on the other hand, has missed his calling. He might want to consider selling cars, particularly used cars, as an occupation.
yeah I picked up the Colt used for 900.00, a FN FNX-45 Tactical for 950.00. I no problems buying used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts