• Couple times a year

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 3 3.8%
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Most weeks, I shoot 3 or 4 times. Being retired, and having my own range helps. I shoot a bit less in the winter, but I usually use the really bad weather (heavy snow/rain) to reload for less than lousy weather.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Absolutely never. I carry my gun with the understanding that should occasion arise, I will be able to pull it out with speed and accuracy, shoot with precision, save the day and a handful of lives, all without practice... or smearing my make-up.

(If you didn't catch the sarcasm, it's there... So, don't yell at me.)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Absolutely never. I carry my gun with the understanding that should occasion arise, I will be able to pull it out with speed and accuracy, shoot with precision, save the day and a handful of lives, all without practice... or smearing my make-up.

(If you didn't catch the sarcasm, it's there... So, don't yell at me.)
HA... are you blonde? :mrgreen: Seriously, I have run into some who actually think that way.... oh, and after 42 years of marriage, and teaching firearms classes, I don't yell at ladies.... I married one, and taught too many others to shoot.... :smt1099

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I generally shoot once a week, but that might change. I currently shoot at a range that is about 45 minutes away. I just applied (they too my check) for membership in a local club that had a waiting list. I should be approved on February 1st. At that time the range will be just 7 minutes away (except about 15 minutes during holiday traffic time).

But I also have a 10 meter pellet gun range set up in my basement and I have a 10 meter pellet gun to practice with. This is a big help. I recently bought a "double action" pellet gun and I shoot with that too, though it is not nearly as accurate as the 10 meter gun is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I shoot my firearms to keep my skills up once a week. I work part time at an indoor range and the gunsmith has me zero the sights and test fire the repairs he makes, so I really shoot about 5 times a week. Pretty lucky, at least with firearms sports.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man, reading these responses gets me so jealous. Going a couple of times a month would be frequent for me. It gets difficult when the nearest public range is half an hour away with no traffic. Plus $20 an hour. It's frustrating because I'm relatively new to handgun shooting and there are obviously things I want to work on, but can only get to practice them on range trips that are few and far between =[. I can only hope that relocating is in my not too distant future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Christmas my son purchased me a 1 month membership at a local range. I now go 3-4 times per week! Unlimited range time and free use of the rental guns, have to buy their ammo for rentals. Previouly went once per week.

Best $40 gift ever!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Last couple years- maybe a couple times a year. Past 6 months- maybe 10 times.
Covid and ammo supply really cramped my style for a while...and I have had health issues over the last couple years.
I have bought 3 new guns this past year- a Ruger LCP Max(380) and Sig 365 (9mm & 380). I had tons of issues with the Ruger...almost gave up on it. But after a couple trips to Ruger and new slide/ barrel/ recoil spring- it finally runs good. The Sigs have never batted an eye.

Now that ammo supply is getting more down to earth.....I'll probably be going to the range more often. Actually I'd like to try maybe once a month.
The Range I go to (Gun Port/ Bayou La Batre) is usually empty in the mornings during the week on the pistol range. When no one is there I can do pretty much as I like- shoot multiple targets at different distances. Draw and shoot from the hip. Do rapid fire. It's really nice. When other folks are there- then all the rules are in play. You are not timed either. You can stay all day. I've never done than though.
I have made 3 ammo orders this summer, and will do more on occasion. The price I am now paying for 9mm and 380 is about 1/2 what I paid on the shelf out at Academy -when they had it. If you scroll over sites like Ammoseek- occasionally you can find a real deal on just what you want- and on occasion- free shipping!

And- as crazy as things are getting out there....we need to keep our skills sharp.

Bang-bang! 😃

21 - 40 of 41 Posts