Handgun Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
It sort of amazes me at the high round counts I hear on all firearms forums. It sort of makes sense, though, if one is practicing repelling human wave assaults. :)

That said, I see that all sorts of "combat" type competitions have an appeal for many. Not me, but if that's someone's hobby, more power to them.

Guess my first marksmanship instructor, Sgt. Hunter, taught me wrong. That was when "spray and pray", popularized in Vietnam, had only just started started to influence civilian firearms practices and high capacity wonder nines were yet to arrive.

When you're an impressionable 14 year old kid, you can easily be led astray. It was his fault for stopping me when I'd done poorly after firing only ten rounds to counsel me on weapons and muscle control, trigger discipline -- all that associated Fudd stuff.

If I fire all 50 rounds from one gun per range session, it's because I don't want to carry a partial box home with me.

· Registered
199 Posts
When on the same range trip - switching back and forth on guns makes me take a little while to get back into the groove. I don't usually shoot more than 2 different guns on the same trip
For me, that's why I like the CZs. They all have the same manual-of-arms, roughly the same DA and SA trigger pull, and all closely sight the same. There's something to be said for continuity in practice.

· Administrator
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
For me, that's why I like the CZs. They all have the same manual-of-arms, roughly the same DA and SA trigger pull, and all closely sight the same. There's something to be said for continuity in practice.
Yea, when I take my Shield Pluses (3 of them), they are all basically the same. But even other striker fired guns on the same trip can take a little adjustment

· Registered
6,469 Posts
Range day that is just ti relax, unwind and have fun there is no telling how many different firearms I will shoot. I have the advantage of just walking inside and pick one out going back out to the yard and shoot. A real practice day it is my 1911a1 all the way.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts